Non-SI units and parsing

michael....@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2016, 1:22:29 PM2/5/16
to Units Users
Hi,

Just started investigating JSR 363 as an alternative to JScience.

Generally my users would have a web page with, say, a pressure field consisting of a number and choice of unit.

With a unit such as 'm' this is fine as I can parse from 'm' via AbstractUnit.parse("m"); and create a Quantity from the page postback.

However with pressure, even an SI unit 'Pa' cannot be retrieved this way. As for an alternate unit, 'bar',  I can only find this on systems.uom.ISO80000.BAR, but it doesn't seem to be a named unit so persists as Pa*100000.

Am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks.