JCP 2.11

Werner Keil

Mar 11, 2019, 9:12:42 PM3/11/19
to Units Developers
Hi,

When we discussed the next steps and milestones with the PMO we learned, a JSR may voluntarily migrate to JCP 2.11 released last November as the next stage of JCP.next which some of us (those who were in the JCP EC in the last couple of years or still are there) helped evolve and improve: https://jcp.org/en/procedures/jcp2_11

A major change is the

Public Review Final Approval Ballot

Which combines the Public Review Draft and Proposed Final Draft of earlier incarnations of the JCP.

As JSR 385 is pretty advanced and the API feature-complete as for the key features we planned for 2.0.
So offering the Public Review for Final Approval Ballot would both help the EC and PMO save some extra effort and reduce the release candidates before the Final 2.0 release. 2.0-PR will be the Public Review. And once the Final Approval Ballot passes, the Final Release is available.
Which also brings us closer to releasing 2.0 until World Metrology Day 2019 when the SI System reforms come into effect.

If you have any issues with this, please share your concerns here.

Regards,
Werner