[VOTE] Codename for the next RI

Werner Keil

Jul 14, 2017, 6:26:41 AM7/14/17
to Units Developers
Hi,
Doing this a bit more formal here, as the EG mailing list at java.net is now gone this list takes over all of its duties.

Please see https://github.com/unitsofmeasurement/unit-ri/issues/67 for the GitHub ticket to find a new suitable codename for a Java Units of Measurement RI (after 1.0)

The vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Please either in the GitHub tracker or this list cast your votes.
There is no formal minimum number of votes, but it would be nice to hear some opinions.

Thanks,
Werner

Werner Keil

Jul 14, 2017, 6:30:15 AM7/14/17
to Units Developers
+1 for Indriya.

For the reasons explained on GitHub. It is slightly easier to pronounce than e.g. Thoth and Nespresso capsules called Indriya are a great association with coffee, but an ancient Indian term won't be a trademark by Nestle or anyone else, so we are as safe to use that name as say JNoSQL is with Diana or JSR 354 with Moneta.

Werner Keil

Jul 14, 2017, 11:57:00 AM7/14/17
to Units Developers
Jean Marie made a 3rd suggestion. Thanks for that, if possible please also cast a vote for either of the 3 choices. If there was a tie between votes, an explicit +1 or -1 for a particular option would help to decide.

I added a +1 on GitHub via "Thumbs Up", so the one here is redundant. It won't be counted twice, no worries. Everyone, regardless of being a project or EG member can cast their votes, all it needs is being subscribed here or a GitHub account.

Thanks,
Werner

Werner Keil

Jul 18, 2017, 6:29:54 AM7/18/17
to Units Developers
Thanks for your votes so far. Every Spec / Maintenance Lead has voted. So far it is
4 votes for Indriya
1 vote for Seshat

Please vote if you haven't done so already. The ticket was opened 6 days ago, so when it passes a week, I plan to close it and conclude the voting results.

Regards,
Werner

Werner Keil

Jul 19, 2017, 5:26:33 AM7/19/17
to Units Developers
The result from yesterday became the final result as no other vote was added.
  • 4 votes for Indriya
  • 1 vote for Seshat
So the RI of an upcoming Units of Measurement JSR (number TBD) will be named Indriya.

Thanks for everyone who voted,
Werner
This conversation is locked