Agile tools in GitHub

Werner Keil

Jan 2, 2018, 12:26:51 PM1/2/18
to Units Developers
Hi,

Although Indriya also has a Waffle board, I decided to give some of the new built-in GitHub features a try.
Please give them a try and let us know, if you have some ideas to improve the process, e.g. smaller iteration spans for the projects, etc.

Thanks,
Werner

Otávio Gonçalves de Santana

Jan 2, 2018, 3:02:21 PM1/2/18
to Units Developers
That is a nice initiative

Werner Keil

Jan 12, 2018, 3:54:48 PM1/12/18
to Units Developers
Thanks Otavio for picking this up in JNoSQL.
I also added an organization level "Scrum of Scrums" type board for the EDR of JSR 385:

I hope everyone can see it, at least those who are members of the organization?

Will add more for further stages or maybe for the SI Redefinition in early 2019.
This is great because it allows to bundle several projects. Still keep individual projects, but this view is particularly helpful, e.g. to show the EC or everyone else what has been done for the JSR.

Regards,
Werner

Werner Keil

Jan 12, 2018, 5:52:57 PM1/12/18
to Units Developers
Actually issues can be assigned to multiple projects ;-)

Otávio Gonçalves de Santana

Jan 13, 2018, 2:53:14 PM1/13/18
to Units Developers
I like this. However, the link isn't public, so just member can see it.
Maybe create a "Management" project that has this dashboard.
What do you think?

Werner Keil

Jan 14, 2018, 3:19:44 PM1/14/18
to Units Developers
I don't think it makes much sense, because such individual project cannot be used for issues across different projects.

Is it only the organization level project or all of them that are not visible to "anonymous" users?
If GitHub has this restriction they probably have a reason, but we also use Waffle boards like https://waffle.io/unitsofmeasurement/indriya?utm_source=badge and that I believe should be read only for everyone. Not across multiple projects, but a "management" project would create even more overhead IMO, Allowing at least EG members and known observers too see, track and for some update those tickets across different projects is a good thing. For everyone else there is still a Waffle board in most repositories, I'd say that's good enough.

Werner Keil

May 18, 2018, 1:11:05 PM5/18/18
to Units Developers
Hi,

Waffle recently added a dependency feature somewhat similar to what JIRA and other big planning tools offer:

I made use of it in the Indriya Waffle board: https://waffle.io/unitsofmeasurement/indriya

Regards,
Werner

Werner Keil

May 18, 2018, 1:15:52 PM5/18/18
to Units Developers
It only works in the main description field btw. not in comments ;-)

Werner Keil

Oct 4, 2018, 11:08:24 AM10/4/18
to Units Developers
To group main areas of work (or "epics" if you want) I introduced 2 labels
both in the RI (see above) and API repository.

If you come across other areas that should be included, please mention them here or (if you are one of the admins) add them.

Regards,
Werner