Conferences and Events

Werner Keil

Mar 24, 2014, 7:22:13 PM3/24/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Aside from JavaOne there are a couple of other conferences and events in the next couple of months, sorry if I start with European events mosty, please add your suggestions

  • World IoT Day, Globally April 9, 2014: http://iotday.org/
    I plan to participate in the IoT MeetUp Zurich that day, presenting JSR 363
  • EclipseCon France and Unconference, Toulouse, June 18-19, 2014: https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2014/unconference
    The Unconference is especially for Working Groups like Science IWG, as well as others like IoT or LocationTech.
    JSR 363 happens to be of interest to all 3, due to earlier approaches like 275 or the existing Unitsofmeasurement.org API both used by different Eclipse projects
  • Java Forum Stuttgart, July 17, 2014: http://www.java-forum-stuttgart.de/de/Home.html (so far only German)
    I proposed a JSR 363 session, let's see if it's accepted. As I am based in Stuttgart I am likely to attend in some form, at least something around Adopt-a-JSR, should the main talk not be accepted
  • IoTCon, Berlin Sep 1-3, 2014: http://iotcon.de/2014/cfp
  • M2M Innovation World Congress, Marseille, Sep 22-24, 2014: http://www.m2minnovationworldcongress.com/
  • JavaOne US 2014, San Francisco, Sep 28-Oct 2, 2014: http://www.oracle.com/javaone/index.html
  • JAX London 2014: Oct 13-15, 2014: http://jaxlondon.com/2014/
  • DevoXX (Nov 2014, not sure if the date is set yet, no CFP at this time)
  • JMaghreb 3.0 Hopefully we might get a session there, either by one or the other Sped Lead (one speaks French, which could be a bonus;-) or EG Members like Mohamed and others from MoroccoJUG
I am not listing further Unconferences, MeetUps, Hackathons or DemoCamps now. At least some selected Eclipse DemoCamps between late May and August (Trondheim) are also going to happen and feature Unit-API.

Kind Regards,
Werner

Werner Keil

Apr 6, 2014, 8:42:48 PM4/6/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com
The JavaZone Program Committee would like to politely remind you that the deadline for our call for speakers is approaching.

Call for speakers deadline: April 28th

You can submit your proposal at http://www.javazone.no/submitit

The JavaZone conference will be held on September 9th-11th 2014 in Oslo, Norway. For more info visit http://jz14.java.no/speakers.html

While I plan to present JSR 363 in Trondheim in August, too, there's no reason not to submit a proposal here, too.

Werner Keil

Apr 17, 2014, 9:31:44 AM4/17/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com
This site lists a lot of interesting IoT Events: http://www.iotevents.org/

Werner Keil

Apr 28, 2014, 8:41:04 PM4/28/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com
Just submitted a proposal for JSR 363 to Javazone:

Jun 27, 2014, 6:17:46 AM6/27/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com
It was accepted, see you September in Oslo if you plan to attend JavaZone.

Werner

Werner Keil

Jul 2, 2014, 6:21:04 AM7/2/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

JavaZone has now published the program for JavaZone 2014. See what else is on alongside JSR 363 at: http://2014.javazone.no/program.html

Werner

Mohamed Taman

Jul 2, 2014, 7:43:50 AM7/2/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com
Congratulation Werner, hope to see you next time there :)

Thanks & Best Regards

Improve your Life through Science and Art…”

Systems Architect & Design Supervisor | Adopts JSR & JDK | JCP Executive Committee,

JSR 358, 354, & 363 Expert Group | MoroccoJUG member | EGJUG leader | Speaks java,

Loves mobile Development | Oracle EMEA Architect Club Leader | international speaker.

Mohamed Taman
about.me/mohamedtaman

Mobile:+201005318017

Before you print Think about Your ENVIRONMENTAL responsibility.

units-dev

Jul 22, 2014, 1:15:23 PM7/22/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com

Werner Keil

Jul 29, 2014, 11:48:19 AM7/29/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com, unit...@googlegroups.com
Aside from JavaZone, there will be JSR 363 related sessions in Trondheim (also NO) next month at
Eclipse DemoCamp and Maker Faire
as well as
JMaghreb 3.0, November in Casablanca

See the Unit-API Calendar http://unitsofmeasurement.github.io/pages/calendar.html for these and other events,

Werner

Werner Keil

Aug 20, 2014, 12:08:24 PM8/20/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ralph at Eclipse just mentioned a soon closing CFP (Sep 2) for Embedded World in Nürnberg (likely the same venue where I just spoke also about 363)

Anybody interested to propose either a general Java (ME) Embedded session, or specific to JSR 363, Sensors and Units?

Regards,
Werner

---
The Embedded World Conference in Nuremberg, Germany is one of the largest embedded conferences in the world. Last year they had over 26000 visitors, 1500 conference attendees and 856 exhibitors.

In 2015, Embedded World Germany, will be held from 24 - 26 February. The Eclipse Foundation has an opportunity to organize a large booth ( 50-60 sqm) that we would share with our member companies. Each member company will be provided space to setup their own demo stations and promotional signs. The cost for each member will be approximately 2,400Euros (6sqm) or 3,600Euros (9sqm). We believe that this is an interesting opportunity for our member companies as well as for the new and old working groups to present themselves to a large group of attendees.

While there is still some cost involved, we believe that we can offer a very good price/value proposition.

Please let us know if your company or the working group is interested in participating in the event. We have only a limited number of exhibition spaces available.

If you are planning on participating, please contact me or Jelena Alter

PS: The deadline for call-for-papers is is September 2. It would be great to see submissions from the various working groups!
Regards / Liebe Gr??e,

Ralph Mueller

Managing Director, Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH
Mobile: +49 177 449 0460
Office: +49 6251 8606413

units-dev

Aug 29, 2014, 7:06:43 PM8/29/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder, that CFP to the Embedded World Conference next year closes on Tuesday:

Regards,
Werner

Werner Keil

Sep 30, 2014, 10:15:36 AM9/30/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com, unit...@googlegroups.com
If you are at JavaOne this year, please join us at a JSR 363 Hackergarten in the Exhibition hall today between 10:30 and 2:30 local time:

CU,
Werner

rajma...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2014, 10:20:08 AM9/30/14
to unit...@googlegroups.com
I will be there ! +1 :)

Thank you and regards,
Rajmahendra (Raj)
JUG Chennai Founder
JUG Hyderabad Lead
http://about.me/rajonjava/
http://www.twitter.com/rajonjava
"DREAM is not what you see in sleep;
is the thing which does not let you sleep" - APJ Abdul Kalam
Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small.
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. - Lao Tzu

Werner Keil

Jan 20, 2015, 7:48:31 PM1/20/15
to unit...@googlegroups.com
M2M Innovation World Congress has another CFP this year: http://www.m2minnovationworldcongress.com/call-for-papers

Most likely too shallow and not technical enough, a reason why the CFP was wasted last year, but let's see, if Jean-Marie thinks it was worth it. Marseille is relatively close to Toulouse and more importantly JavaOne is at least a month later this year;-)

Werner

Werner Keil

Feb 5, 2015, 7:00:28 AM2/5/15
to unit...@googlegroups.com
Happy to announce, Developer Week 2015 accepted a (German) JSR 363 talk on June 17

For those who'd like some hands-on "hacking" with JSR 363 and real use cases, we also plan to participate in a Hackergarten at DWX '15. More about that later...

See you there if you're based in Germany and interested in Units and Java or other languages,
Werner

Werner Keil

Feb 11, 2015, 8:57:02 AM2/11/15
to unit...@googlegroups.com
A quick reminder that 2 sessions at Social Media Week 2015 in Copenhagen and Hamburg (one in English, the other preferably German) are taking place on February 24 and 26, also see in the calendar http://unitsofmeasurement.github.io/pages/calendar.html

CU there if you plan to attend either event,
Werner

Werner Keil

Apr 17, 2015, 8:10:37 AM4/17/15
to unit...@googlegroups.com
I'll represent JSR 363 and UoM at 2 IoT and API related Hackathons both in Berlin next week:
Berlin SpeedHack: http://speedhack.io/events/berlin-speedhack as part of APIDays Berlin and
Intel IoT Road Show Berlin: https://iotroadshow.intel.com/de/home/

CU there if you are at any of these two events (btw. at least Intel IoT Road Show has more venues and dates, check out the bottom of the site for one near you;-)

Werner

Werner Keil

Aug 4, 2015, 12:00:09 PM8/4/15
to units-dev
Hi,
I'm going to talk about Data Quality and related standards like ISO 80000, UCUM and others Apache Big Data Europe in Budapest
http://sched.co/3zww

CU if you're there,
Werner

Martin Desruisseaux

Aug 4, 2015, 12:02:08 PM8/4/15
to unit...@googlegroups.com
Hello Werner

Sorry for having been silent so long (big rush at work, like usual). I
will also be at the Apache Big Data Europe in Budapest. See you there!

Martin

Werner Keil

Aug 6, 2015, 5:35:35 AM8/6/15
to units-dev
Martin,

Cool, thanks for letting us know. Happy to meet you and also if you could join me for the Standards session (I plan to offer something for the Hackathon at least for DeviceMap or Portals/Pluto, but also possible to do other hacks, maybe IoT related around standards and JSR 363 ;-)

Werner

Martin Desruisseaux

Aug 6, 2015, 6:12:46 AM8/6/15
to unit...@googlegroups.com
Hello Werner

Yes, I plan to go to the standard session. See you at least there!

Martin

Werner Keil

Sep 3, 2015, 3:46:20 AM9/3/15
to units-dev
Hi,

If you want to meet myself and Martin, both speaking at Apache: Big Data, please find this special offer by Linux Foundation.

CU in Budapest,
Werner

---
Apache: Big Data is just 3.5 weeks away and thanks to your participation, and that of your fellow technical experts, we're looking forward to a great event.

Help promote your talk and the event by sharing the following discount with your network:

30% Discount Offer for Apache: Big Data
Use discount code: SPKABD and register here: http://bit.ly/1JA2tpg

We look forward to seeing you soon in Budapest.

Best regards,

The Linux Foundation

Werner Keil

Aug 31, 2016, 5:06:57 AM8/31/16
to Units Developers
We're having a JSR 363 BOF at JavaOne 2016, see http://unitsofmeasurement.github.io/2016/javaone16-f2f.html

Other activities, including a Hackergarten to explore your favorite real life use case of JSR 363 are also planned. Check http://unitsofmeasurement.github.io/2016/javaone16-f2f.html or https://www.oracle.com/javaone/index.html.

CU at JavaOne,
Leo, Werner and Otavio

Werner Keil

Sep 3, 2018, 7:42:17 AM9/3/18
to Units Developers
Hi,

Filip who is also based in Oslo got a JSR 385 presentation at JavaZone aproved:

Literally on the 4th anniversary of the JSR 363 Final Release on Sep 13 btw.;-)

Congratulations to Filip and thanks for spreading the word.

I'll submit the EDR in the next few days, and unless the PMO takes a bit longer, it could even be published by then or soon afterwards.

Regards,
Werner

Werner Keil

Jul 3, 2019, 12:21:23 PM7/3/19
to Units Developers
Thodoris and I just gave a presentation to DWX 2019.

After Summer there are two more sessions confirmed by JCON 2019 in Düsseldorf and Codemotion Milan 2019.
Please check the calendar: https://unitsofmeasurement.github.io/pages/calendar.html We'll update all events that have a confirmed date/time.

Regards,
Werner