Suggestion: png extension by default when saving in PNG format

eric.laporte

Mar 1, 2014, 10:57:26 AM3/1/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
When we save a graph in the PNG format with FSGraph > 'Save as' by choosing PNG in the list of file types, the Unitex interface proposes by default a name with the .grf extension. I suggest the .png extension by default instead. Cf. User Manual, section 5.4.1, p. 115.

Nebojsa Vasiljevic

Mar 1, 2014, 12:23:38 PM3/1/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

I agree this is an issue (one of the particularly annoying), but I would suggest a different solution.  So, the primary purpose of the "FSGraph > Save as" option is to save an opened graph into a new file, and .grf extension is appropriate in this case.    I think that the PNG export feature is misplaced in the  "FSGraph > Save as".  We should add "Export" option in "FSGraph" menu and implement it properly.  We should also include possibility to select some PNG export options like resolution, scale, exporting area, etc.

Regards,
Nebojša

eric.laporte

Mar 1, 2014, 12:32:19 PM3/1/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
OK!
Eric

Denis Maurel

Mar 2, 2014, 11:55:28 AM3/2/14
to eric.laporte, unitex-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Eric,

It is a good idea. Is it possible to have also JPEG file?

Best regards,

Denis Maurel

____________________________________
Professor Denis Maurel
Université François Rabelais Tours
LI (Computer Science Research Laboratory)
EPU-DI
64 avenue Jean-Portalis
37200 Tours
France
Phone: 33-2.47.36.14.35
Fax: 33-2.47.36.14.22
mailto:denis....@univ-tours.fr

http://www.univ-tours.fr/maurel

http://www.li.univ-tours.fr
http://tln.li.univ-tours.fr/

When we save a graph in the PNG format with FSGraph > 'Save as' by choosing PNG in the list of file types, the Unitex interface proposes by default a name with the .grf extension. I suggest the .png extension by default instead. Cf. User Manual, section 5.4.1, p. 115.

Nebojsa Vasiljevic

Mar 3, 2014, 3:46:58 PM3/3/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I've make the feature request in the Unitex feature/bug tracking system Cristian annouced a month ago:

I think we could continue to discuss new features here, but should also put a feature request in the tracking system for the record, when appropriate. The same stands for bugs (or usability issues).

Regards,
Nebojša