Unitex Manual

Daniel Stein

Mar 5, 2014, 5:38:15 AM3/5/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
I found some notes I made some time ago regarding the Unitex manual, may be they can be useful for the next version of the documentation... I marked content related questions as yellow.

  • page 57: "There are two possible forms:  V32: [...] N(NC_XXX):" - Here I would suggest to use the same form as in the example above (i.e. N4) - this way it was a bit confusing to me
  • page 58: "The second deletes a letter with the L operator, then adds the ux suffix" - in the example it is not "ux" but "ices" that was added.
  • page 60: "if you have selected the "Remove class numbers" button" -> Where is this button?
  • page 94: "If one or several box" -> boxes
  • page 97: "grey lines, or brown lines" -> I think you mean grey and brown boxes, don't you?
  • page 98: "displayed bay clicking" -> by
  • page 98: "on the second an third button" -> and
  • page 101: several times you wrote "wheights" and at least one time "weight" which is the correct form ;-)
  • page 101: How do you define weights? I don't find it.
  • page 102: How do you get the transducer to work like this? If I just enter /$year$ $month$ I get a comment - but when I insert a SPACE before the / the box looks different from the one in figure 5.22
  • page 103: As mentioned the character / is also used to create comments which I would explain here, too
  • page 104: "showing a key" -> I think the correct term is "wrench" and not "key"
  • page 105: "between the two graphs :" I guess there is a SPACE between graphs and the character : so the : comes after the linebreak
  • page 121: How do you define intervals? I tried to put [1,2] or $[1,2]$ at the beginning or the end of the box as well as in another box but nothing works.
  • page 216: "nitex" -> means Unitex, I guess ;-)

Denis Maurel

Mar 5, 2014, 5:52:45 AM3/5/14
to Daniel Stein, unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your comments about the Unitex manual.

p.101 weights are written <E>/${1}$ (for weight=1)
p.102 it is not space but empty string <E> to write before /
<E>/$year$ $month$

Best regards,

Denis Maurel

____________________________________
Professor Denis Maurel
Université François Rabelais Tours
LI (Computer Science Research Laboratory)
EPU-DI
64 avenue Jean-Portalis
37200 Tours
France
Phone: 33-2.47.36.14.35
Fax: 33-2.47.36.14.22
mailto:denis....@univ-tours.fr

http://www.univ-tours.fr/maurel

http://www.li.univ-tours.fr
http://tln.li.univ-tours.fr/

Hi ,

Best regards,

Denis Maurel

____________________________________

----- Mail original -----

| I found some notes I made some time ago regarding the Unitex manual, may be
| they can be useful for the next version of the documentation... I marked
| content related questions as yellow.

| * page 57: "There are two possible forms: V32: [...] N(NC_XXX):" - Here I
| would suggest to use the same form as in the example above (i.e. N4) - this
| way it was a bit confusing to me
| * page 58: "The second deletes a letter with the L operator, then adds the ux
| suffix" - in the example it is not "ux" but "ices" that was added.
| * page 60: "if you have selected the "Remove class numbers" button" -> Where
| is this button?
| * page 94: "If one or several box" -> boxes
| * page 97: "grey lines, or brown lines " -> I think you mean grey and brown
| boxes , don't you?
| * page 98: "displayed bay clicking" -> by
| * page 98: "on the second an third button" -> and
| * page 101: several times you wrote "wheights" and at least one time "weight"
| which is the correct form ;-)
| * page 101: How do you define weights? I don't find it.
| * page 102: How do you get the transducer to work like this? If I just enter
| /$year$ $month$ I get a comment - but when I insert a SPACE before the / the
| box looks different from the one in figure 5.22
| * page 103: As mentioned the character / is also used to create comments
| which I would explain here, too
| * page 104: "showing a key" -> I think the correct term is "wrench" and not
| "key"
| * page 105: "between the two graphs :" I guess there is a SPACE between
| graphs and the character : so the : comes after the linebreak
| * page 121: How do you define intervals? I tried to put [1,2] or $[1,2]$ at
| the beginning or the end of the box as well as in another box but nothing
| works.
| * page 216: "nitex" -> means Unitex, I guess ;-)

| --
| To view this discussion on the web visit
| https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/unitex-gramlab/d8b4b277-a3c0-4e3c-aee9-ce8cb6ab77e9%40googlegroups.com
| .

eric.laporte

Mar 6, 2014, 11:42:32 AM3/6/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Daniel,
Thanks for these corrections. Some of them had been done recently, others will be progressively. After a batch of corrections, there may be a few days before the new version of the manual is released, because the process is still partly manual.
As regards page 97:

<<
"grey lines, or brown lines" -> I think you mean grey and brown boxes, don't you?

really, they are grey or brown lines: you can have several lines in a box, and each line has its own colour, as in Fig. 5.14.
Best regards,
Eric