Expressivity of operators in Semitic mode

Alexis Neme

Mar 29, 2016, 11:37:01 AM3/29/16
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Users,

In this mail, I would like to draw  your attention on the expressivity and the flexibility of using inflectional operators  in Semitic mode.

Suppose that in my DELA Dictionary I have the following LEMMA:
       pqrLEMMAstvw,$N1prfx--sfx

and I need to output the following:
       prfxLELEMMAsMA-fix

the following box in a graph will generate the above output:

      prfx4545<6.LEMMA>LLL78-fix

    prfx: write the string prfx
    4545 : concatenate the letter 4 and 5 of the lemma (twice)
    <6.LEMMA>: copy the lemma from the 6 position till the end
    LLL: move 3 letters left from the end of the output;
    78:  recopy the 7th and the 8th letter from the lemma
    -fix : concatenate "-fix" at the end.

Cheers,

Alexis
N1prfx--sfx.grf