Cascades and morphological dictionaries

Cvetana Krstev

Dec 15, 2016, 7:06:09 AM12/15/16
to Unitex-GramLab
Hi,

I have encountered the following problem. I have started using the new Unitex (Unitex/GramLab IDE 3.1). I applied the same dictionaries, graphs and cascades that I used with the ols unitex (3.1beta I don't quite remember when I downloaded, maybe 6 months ago). Now, the cascade does not work (just ERROR, no other message). After many thinking and experimenting I found out that I cannot use more then 2 morphological dictionaries! When I use some of the graphs from the same cascade that use the morphological mode and apply it independently it works without problems with as many  dictionaries as I need. Does anybody have any idea what is it about and how can this be solved?

Actually, the problem existed with 3.1beta as well but the strange limit was 10 dictionaries, and I could cope with it. Of course, I can merge dictionaries into one or two but that is not very practical. With 3.1beta problem did not exist when working from the command line.

I would appreciate some help.

Cvetana Krstev

eric.laporte

Jan 6, 2017, 11:12:42 AM1/6/17
to Unitex-GramLab
Dear Cvetana,
maybe some change in CasSys accidentally changed the maximum number of morphological-mode dictionaries from 10 to 2. Would you mind to report the problem as a 'new issue' on the site for the issues related to the core Unitex/GramLab programshttps://github.com/UnitexGramLab/unitex-core/issues This is the place where software developers will refer to to fix the problem.
Thanks,
Eric Laporte