A story about how to fix everything

Nadia Ivanova

Oct 13, 2016, 4:05:14 AM10/13/16
to Unitex-GramLab
Hi everybody,
Just wanted to share my experience, hopefully, it can help somebody out there or suggest a helpful error message.

My graph in morphological mode was working just fine a few months ago.

Then I stopped working on this project. In the meanwhile, I reorganized my folders to put some order in it.

When I came back to it, nothing was working. I couldn't even launch Unitex.
This one, I could fix it with the help of a dev who found I had space in the name of my Unitex folder and Mac doesn't like it.
But after I could lauch Unitex again, my graph was still getting 0 matches from the very same text I had used before.

I was getting desperate as I didn't change anything except folders organization. I went to the documentation and by chance, found on page 135 this sentence: "...provided that the dictionary has been previously declared as a morphological-mode dictionary".
This was the insight.
I went to Preferences to check it, the dictionary was still there but the path was wrong.
That's why my graph was not working. I had no clue about the cause because no error messages were shown.
Once I declared the dictionary again at the right place, everything was fixed!

Cheers,
Nadia