cassys from command line does not work on windows and works on unix

Ludovic Moncla

May 12, 2019, 4:13:05 AM5/12/19
to Unitex-GramLab
Hello,

I run Unitex cascades from Java code by executing the command lines that can be found in the unitex console.
My code works well on MacOS and Debian (normalize, tokenize, cassys, etc.) but it remains stuck on the execution of cassys on Windows.
After a lot of tests (changing paths, encodings, etc.) I realized that my program works when there is only one transducer in the cascade but as soon as there is two transducers or more the program remains blocked.

I thought about an encoding problem but after different tests I can not find any explanation or solution.
Do you have any idea ?

Thanks,

Ludovic

Ludovic Moncla

May 13, 2019, 3:24:55 AM5/13/19
to denis....@univ-tours.fr, Liste Unitex
Dear Denis,

I tried on Unitex 3.1 (stable) and Unitex 3.2 beta.
The problem is the same.
My script is working well on Unix and not on Windows.
It is working on windows only when there is just one transducer enabled in the cascade.

Do you have any idea where this can come from ?

Best,

Ludovic

Le 13 mai 2019 à 08:59, Denis Maurel <mau...@univ-tours.fr> a écrit :

Dear Ludovic

We add recently a new chapter about scripts. Could you install the last version of Unitex and see it?
At Tours we have no problem with CasSys in command line on Windows...

Best regards,

Denis Maurel

____________________________________
Professor Denis Maurel
Université de Tours
Lifat (Computer Science Research Laboratory)
EPU-DI
64 avenue Jean-Portalis
37200 Tours
France
Phone: 33-2.47.36.14.35
Fax: 33-2.47.36.14.22
mailto:denis....@univ-tours.fr

http://www.univ-tours.fr/maurel

http://www.li.univ-tours.fr
http://tln.li.univ-tours.fr/

eric.laporte

May 13, 2019, 3:53:06 AM5/13/19
to Unitex-GramLab
Dear Ludovic,
It would be useful for all CasSys users if you could generate a log file and include it in a bug report on the source code repository...
Thanks,
Eric

Ludovic Moncla

May 13, 2019, 6:59:41 AM5/13/19
to Unitex-GramLab
Dear Eric,

When I run cassys from Unitex Visual IDE everything works well on both OS (windows and unix)
The problem is when I execute the command lines in a java program with the runtime.exec() method.
In this case, no log file is created and my program remains stuck on the execution of the cassys command.

What is strange is that it works when there is only one enabled transducer in the cascade.

If I find time I will later try to use JNI.

Best,

Ludovic