Anubhav Gupta

Jun 8, 2016, 4:14:36 AM6/8/16
to Unitex-GramLab
Hi,

We are planning to implement a new way to use weights in locate pattern.
User will be able select either the new method or the existing method.

Let's assume the following scenario:

Out of 6 possible matches only the following 5 are the longest match:
ABC, ABD, EFG, EHI and EHJ

As per the existing implementation the path ABC will be chosen (assuming the tokens B and C are not part of a subgraph) among the 5.

The proposed method will look at the weights at each token to decide which of the longest matches should be selected.
In the above example, at the start there is choice between A and E. E will be chosen since it has the higher weight.
Next, there is a choice between F and H; and both will be selected because they have equal weights.
In the same way, G and I will be chosen.
Thus this method will have EFG and EHI as the result.

For those of you who use weights in their graphs (or subgraphs), will having this method improve your graphs?
If needed I can provide more examples to further clarify ...

Regards,
Anubhav