Problems with Cascades

Daniel Stein

Oct 27, 2014, 4:22:56 PM10/27/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

I have some problems working with cascades and hope you may help me. I work an Win 7 and am trying to apply a cascade of transducers to a bunch a corpora using a batch file. The respective line of code is:

FOR /F "delims=*" %%A IN ('dir /b /s *.snt') do C:\Unitex3.0\App\UnitexToolLogger.exe Cassys --text=%%A --transducers_list="C:\Link\to\my\Spanish\Cassys\file.csc" --alphabet="C:\link\link\symlink\Spanish\Alphabet.txt"

First Result:

Line 1: Could not recognize whether transducer is enabled.

(The same text appears for every line in the csc file, six in my case)

Launch tokenize in Cassys
Tokenizing text...
Done.
CasSys Cascade begins
Construct cascade record
Concord file... \concord.ind succesfully opend
error
in reading when copy '↑↓→←´┐¿-4' to path\doc.txt

I have another error by applying the same cascade via the UI:

Cannot write path\snt\tok_by_freq.txt
Not enough memory in u_strdup

So I tried it with another corpus and it worked fine. May this be a problem of corpus size?

Denis Maurel

Oct 27, 2014, 5:14:48 PM10/27/14
to Daniel Stein, unitex-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Daniel,

1) In the interface

the text Cannot write path\snt\tok_by_freq.txt appears at every cascade, but it is not an error.

The text Not enough memory in u_strdup is really an error. May be you open too paths with a graph?

2) In the console

You need to normilize and tokenize before the cascade and to create a new folder:

C:\Unitex3.0\App\UnitexToolLogger.exe Normalize "%%A"
mkdir "%A_csc_snt"
C:\Unitex3.0\App\UnitexToolLogger.exe Tokenize "%%A" "-aC:\link\link\symlink\Spanish\Alphabet.txt"
C:\Unitex3.0\App\UnitexToolLogger.exe Cassys "-aC:\link\link\symlink\Spanish\Alphabet.txt" "-t%%A" "-lC:\Link\to\my\Spanish\Cassys\file.csc"

It seem that enable transducer is not possible outside of the interface: please, delete the graph in file.csc for the batch file.
(it is a bug!)

Best regards,

Denis Maurel

____________________________________
Professor Denis Maurel
Université François Rabelais Tours
LI (Computer Science Research Laboratory)
EPU-DI
64 avenue Jean-Portalis
37200 Tours
France
Phone: 33-2.47.36.14.35
Fax: 33-2.47.36.14.22
mailto:denis....@univ-tours.fr

http://www.univ-tours.fr/maurel

http://www.li.univ-tours.fr
http://tln.li.univ-tours.fr/

Daniel Stein

Jan 23, 2015, 8:37:07 AM1/23/15
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com, daniel...@gmail.com, denis....@univ-tours.fr
Hi Denis,

first let me thank you for your answer some months ago. Now that I came back to this issue, I have a follow up-question: Do I understand this right: It is not possible to use Cassys in order to modify text with a transducer? I thought that is what it all is about?

Kind regards
Daniel

Anubhav Gupta

Feb 2, 2015, 4:27:12 AM2/2/15
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com, daniel...@gmail.com, denis....@univ-tours.fr
Hi Daniel,

You got the following error:
 error in reading when copy '↑↓→←´┐¿-4' to path\doc.txt

because all of the graphs in file.csc transducer were disabled.

Regards,
Anubhav

eric.laporte

Sep 23, 2015, 9:50:33 AM9/23/15
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com, daniel...@gmail.com, denis....@univ-tours.fr
Hi Daniel,
Yes, CasSys is all about modifying a corpus with transducers. The visual interface of CasSys displays a list of your transducers: each one is either enabled (empty checkbox) or disabled (checked box). It seems you are a pioneer in using CasSys in command line. If I understand correctly, you need to use the Unitex visual interface to enable your transducers.
Best,
Eric