Invitation for students to code for Unitex/GramLab

eric.laporte

Mar 2, 2016, 11:35:47 AM3/2/16
to Unitex-GramLab
Hello,
We invite university students to contribute code to Unitex/GramLab this year between May and August. Students who successfully complete the 'Google Summer of Code' program are paid by Google.
You can send a proposal to https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/ between 14 and 25 March.
Good luck!
Eric Laporte

Aishwary Gupta

Mar 3, 2016, 5:03:11 AM3/3/16
to Unitex-GramLab
Hi,
Could anyone give me a basic idea of the code's pipeline and some warm-up tasks to begin with?

Alexis Neme

Mar 4, 2016, 2:18:05 AM3/4/16
to Unitex-GramLab

Claude Martineau

Mar 4, 2016, 1:35:54 PM3/4/16
to Unitex-GramLab

Le jeudi 3 mars 2016 11:03:11 UTC+1, Aishwary Gupta a écrit :
Hi,
Could anyone give me a basic idea of the code's pipeline and some warm-up tasks to begin with?

 Hi,

You could start downloading a binary release (http://releases.unitexgramlab.org) and getting familiar with Unitex/GramLab. The User's Manual is available at http://unitex.univ-mlv.fr/releases/latest-rc/man/Unitex-GramLab-3.1rc-usermanual-en.pdf

The Unitex/GramLab source code is hosted for now on https://gforgeigm.univ-mlv.fr/projects/unitex but shortly we will be migrating to GitHub http://code.unitexgramlab.org.

You could start hacking the code checking out the sources with Subversion:

C++ Core:

svn checkout --username anonsvn https://svnigm.univ-mlv.fr/svn/unitex/Unitex-C++

To compile under Linux  use e.g.:

$ cd build && make SYSTEM=linux-like 64BITS=yes DEBUG=yes UNITEXTOOLLOGGERONLY=yes

Java Classic IDE:

svn checkout --username anonsvn https://svnigm.univ-mlv.fr/svn/unitex/Unitex-Java

To compile under Linux  use e.g.:

$ ant
$ export UNITEX_BUILD_RELEASE_DIR=/home/YOUR_USER/Downloads/Unitex-GramLab-3.1rc (The directory must exist)

and finally to copy Unitex.jar and XAlign.jar to a release directory, type  e.g.:

$ cp dist/* "$UNITEX_BUILD_RELEASE_DIR/App"

Java GramLab IDE (depends upon Unitex.jar):

$ svn checkout --username anonsvn https://svnigm.univ-mlv.fr/svn/unitex/GramLab
$ ant (notice that UNITEX_BUILD_RELEASE_DIR environment variable needs to be already defined)

Finally, the are some contribution rules here: http://www-igm.univ-mlv.fr/~unitex/index.php?page=11.

Hope this would help you
----