Can not edit Cascades

Daniel Stein

Aug 8, 2014, 11:51:50 AM8/8/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

I hope you all enjoy summer!

Unfortunatley after some weeks of theoretical work I came back to Unitex today only to encounter the following problem:

I have created and saved a cascade of transducers in order to preprocess my corpora. But now I am not able to edit it as I get the error message

line 1: "[path-to-my-fst2]" Replace Enabled 1 --> FileName must start and end with quote

and so on for every transducer I added. When I click OK I get an empty cascade windows. When I add anything, Unitex first asked me, if I want to overwrite the old cascade which it is not showing but right now I am not able to reproduce this message.

Launching the cascades works perfectly but editing is not possible. The same happens when I mark "Merge" instead of "Replace". Taking the error message literally and renaming the cascade file with a quote " at the start and the end does not work at all.

Denis Maurel

Aug 8, 2014, 1:27:32 PM8/8/14
to Daniel Stein, unitex-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Daniel,

This is a problem of paths. I don't know why, but it is impossible to restart a

cascade if some paths contain a space character!
Typically: "D:/Mes Documents/Unitex/French/Graph"
You have to move your Unitex folder in other place:
"D:/Unitex/French/Graph"
or the same if the name of a graph contains a space character! You have to

rename the graph.

May be it is a bug. If someone can correct it...

Best regards,

Denis Maurel

____________________________________
Professor Denis Maurel
Université François Rabelais Tours
LI (Computer Science Research Laboratory)
EPU-DI
64 avenue Jean-Portalis
37200 Tours
France
Phone: 33-2.47.36.14.35
Fax: 33-2.47.36.14.22
mailto:denis....@univ-tours.fr

http://www.univ-tours.fr/maurel

http://www.li.univ-tours.fr
http://tln.li.univ-tours.fr/

Daniel Stein

Aug 15, 2014, 3:32:38 AM8/15/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com, daniel...@gmail.com, denis....@univ-tours.fr
Thank you, Denis,

that way my problem indeed. After changing my paths I realized that the paths are stored absolute and not relative in the cassys themselves aswell. So they need to be adapted here as well.
A fix in the next version would be great!

Daniel