How to debug a false negative?

Nadia Ivanova

Dec 8, 2016, 6:12:29 AM12/8/16
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I'm trying to extract simple nominal expressions from Spanish and return a canonicalized (singular) lowercase version in replace mode (e.g. Promotores De Telefonía will output promotor de telefonía - this is working fine).

I'm having an issue with a particular lexical entry (auxiliar) which is not taken into account in my graph output.

This entry was present in the default Spanish DELA as auxiliar,.V:W.
As my corpus uses it as a Noun, I created a user dictionary with the entry auxiliar,.N:ms:fs

When I apply Lexical Resources (after compiling the user dictionary), both entries appear in the Word list, so I presume the User dictionary is taken into account.

But the <N:ms> box of my graph does not recognise any expressions with Auxiliar in it (while other similar constructions are correctly detected).

There is a negative left context but it does not exclude Verbs.

Any ideas why this is happening?

I'm happy to provide more context if necessary.

Thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards,
Nadia

eric.laporte

Dec 9, 2016, 3:50:10 AM12/9/16
to Unitex-GramLab
Dear Nadia,
If the part where <N:ms> does not recognize auxiliar is in the morphological mode, don't forget to declare your user dictionary as a morphological-mode dictionary.
If the problem does not come from that, I suggest you show your graph or a simplified version of it.
Best,
Eric

Nadia Ivanova

Feb 2, 2017, 3:00:35 AM2/2/17
to Unitex-GramLab
Dear Eric,
Thank you very much for your reply, for some reason I missed it, sorry about that.

I will try the solution you are suggesting and will let you know how I go.

Kind regards,
Nadia

Nadia Ivanova

Feb 9, 2017, 6:10:47 AM2/9/17
to Unitex-GramLab
Hello Eric,
You were right, the issue was coming from there.
It is working now, thank you again!

Cheers,
Nadia