Running the command line tools on Windows 7

Daniel Stein

Sep 24, 2013, 4:02:12 AM9/24/13
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

I am glad to be the first using the new Unitex-GramLab forum! Great job and thanks to the creators! :-)

My question is: Has anybody experience in running the Unitex command line tools (e.g. uncompress.cpp) from Windows cmd? I tried by installing the MinGW compiler but wasn't successfull up to now...

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Cédrick Fairon

Sep 24, 2013, 4:19:27 AM9/24/13
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

UnitexToolLogger.exe is a bundel already compiled for Windows and that allows you to run all Unitex programs in command line.
You can run from the command line :

UnitexToolLogger { Convert -s ENGLISH -d UTF16-LE -r c:/path_to_my_file.txt }

By calling UnitexToolLogger, you can also combine several Unitex command, which will be executed in the same process for increased efficiency:

UnitexToolLogger { Convert -s ENGLISH -d UTF16-LE -r $corpus_path }{ Normalize -r $unitexd/Norm.txt c:/path_to_my_file.txt }

UnitexToolLogger is documented in Unitex Manual (See version 3.0 of the manual).

Usually people do not recompile on Windows since the exe is provided. On Linux and MacOS, if you want to recompile, you just go in Src/C++/Build and type the command:

make
make install

and that does the trick... I never tried on Windows ;-)

Good luck

Cédrick

Daniel Stein

Sep 24, 2013, 4:22:47 AM9/24/13
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Cédric. Seems like I was thinking more complicated than necessary... ;-)