Suggestions for Unitex and GramLab UI

eric.laporte

Mar 8, 2016, 10:20:56 AM3/8/16
to Unitex-GramLab
Here are 2 suggestions by students of the UPEM master of computer science:
1) In the FSGraph graph editor, a Ctrl-z shortcut for undoing the latest operation.
2) A button for refreshing a dictionary opened with the DELA menu, after the content of the dictionary has been updated with a text editor.
Eric Laporte

Denis Maurel

Mar 9, 2016, 8:12:01 AM3/9/16
to Gramlab Unitex
Other suggestion

3) modify the "Apply lexical resources" window to a) accept folders in the Dela folder b) choose here also the morphological dictionaries
4) In the FSGraph graph editor, add "open subgraph" in the mouse right-clic
Denis Maurel

Hugh Wang

Mar 26, 2016, 9:39:13 AM3/26/16
to Unitex-GramLab

Hi Eric,

Here are 2 suggestions by students of the UPEM master of computer science:
1) In the FSGraph graph editor, a Ctrl-z shortcut for undoing the latest operation.
2) A button for refreshing a dictionary opened with the DELA menu, after the content of the dictionary has been updated with a text editor.

Thanks for the suggestions. Got some free time this weekend, I fixed both problems, and the patch has been submitted to the developer’s mailing list. I guess the next release will work as expected. I’ll work on Denis’s suggestions later on.

Both fixes consists of just around 10 lines of code, of course reading the source code and debugging takes some more time. I’ll be able to fix some minor issues like this in my free time, so feel free to suggest more! :-)

Regards,
Hugh

Cristian Martinez

Apr 19, 2016, 5:19:14 PM4/19/16
to Unitex-GramLab

For reference, the contribution of Hugh Wang, who implemented this feature, was already merged into the main code base and it will be available on the upcoming v3.2-beta release. Thank you for both of you!

Eric Laporte