Easy way to check for surrounding interpunctation

Daniel Stein

Jan 28, 2014, 10:36:26 AM1/28/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
I want to check for certain interpunctuation marks that may surround the NPs I am searching for, e.g.

bracktes ( )
hypens - -
quotation marks " "
or commas ,,

In order to prevent miss-matching

(example "

instead of

(example "text")

I think I have to create a new path for every combination that is valid (see shot). But it seems rather unintuitive and feels wrong (especially when the part between marks is large and complicated). Is there no other way to do this with Unitex?
ScreenShot001.jpg

Stéphanie

Jan 29, 2014, 10:17:39 AM1/29/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

it is the only way I know to do this. However, to simplify it, I would suggest that you put the part between the marks in a subgraph. This way, when you want to change it or add something, you only need to do it once.

Regards,
Stéphanie Weiser

Daniel Stein

Jan 30, 2014, 4:34:20 PM1/30/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you are right, that would make things easier. In the first place I was afraid of adding another level of deepness, but it is way better than what I am doing now :-)
Thanks!