GSoC 2016 - Integrate a tree cloud visualization into the Unitex/GramLab IDE - Final Result

Aleksandra Chashchina

Aug 29, 2016, 8:37:34 PM8/29/16
to Unitex-GramLab
Hello all,
     During this summer, in the framework of the Google Summer of Code 2016,  I was working on integration of TreeCloud into GramLab IDE as a PF4J plugin. The project considered re-implementing several statistical functions, implementing phylogenetic algorithms, working on SVG, and few more. Here you can find my final report with all project details, caveats, and further issues.
     Currently there are unresolved problems with integrating the TreeCloud as a plugin (due to external libraries which are used). However, there is a working version of gramlab-ide where the treecloud functionality is added directly to the gramlab-ide core code (no PF4J); starting from now you can try to build a tree cloud from the Concordance file of your GramLab project. The working version can be found here: https://github.com/aleksandrachasch/gramlab-ide/tree/treecloud-sandbox .

     I would like to thank the Unitex/GramLab community for giving me this opportunity to work for the organisation, it was marvellous!

All the best,
Aleksandra Chashchina
Faculty of Computational Linguistics
Higher School of Economics