Open Recent and other new features

Nebojsa Vasiljevic

Feb 22, 2014, 6:08:49 PM2/22/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've implemented some features I miss in Unitex:
- Open Recent menu options in Text and FSGraph menues
- List of active windows in menu options in Windows menu
- Saved language selection that will be offered as default next time you start Unitex
- To do all of that, I've implemented user level preferences based on standard Java java.util.prefs.Preferences.userRoot() (it uses the Repository on Windows)

So, test it and send feedback.

You can download Unitex.jar (Unitex-jar-2014-02-22.zip) with those changes from:

Regards,
Nebojsa Vasiljevic

Denis Maurel

Feb 23, 2014, 3:34:23 PM2/23/14
to Nebojsa Vasiljevic, unitex-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nebojsa,

I tried it. Thank you very much! It is fine.

I have suggested two other improvements one month ago:

1) When you use text, dela, graphs, etc open, there is file selection from.txt, .snt, .dic, etc. I suggest form the File/Edition/New File the possibly choose between text (.txt)/dictionary (.dic)/ cascade (.csc) with the automatic selection of the respective directory, Corpus, Dela, CasSys...
2) In the same idea, it will be a good idea to add at the directories a new one "XAlign", and to open this directory when open XAlign/Alignment file... May be this directory cannot appear in the language list when opening Unitex...

What do you think about them?

A third improvement in the unitex interface may be is the Apply lexical resources:
3) It would be fine to use sub directories in the Dela directory and to open then when one wants to use specific dictionary.
4) It seems to me better to add the morphological dictionary choice here than in the info/preference as actually.

Best regards,

Denis Maurel

____________________________________
Professor Denis Maurel
Université François Rabelais Tours
LI (Computer Science Research Laboratory)
EPU-DI
64 avenue Jean-Portalis
37200 Tours
France
Phone: 33-2.47.36.14.35
Fax: 33-2.47.36.14.22
mailto:denis....@univ-tours.fr

http://www.univ-tours.fr/maurel

http://www.li.univ-tours.fr
http://tln.li.univ-tours.fr/

eric.laporte

Feb 24, 2014, 8:17:50 AM2/24/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nebojsa, I tested all 3 changes, they work well and they will certainly improve the comfort of Unitex graph authors. I am in favour of committing them.
Best,
Eric

Nebojsa Vasiljevic

Feb 24, 2014, 5:24:30 PM2/24/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com, Nebojsa Vasiljevic, denis....@univ-tours.fr
Hello Denis,

Your suggestions are related with parts of Unitex I am not familiar with. For the time being, I mostly use Graph editor, Locate/Concordances and sometimes cascades.

As I understand, "File Edition" is just a simple text editor and it could make sense to add separate options like "Open text", "Open dictionary" and "Open any file as text".  Also, title of the editor window should be prefixed with "Editor: " or something similar, not to be confused with the active corpus text.

Regards,
Nebojša

Denis Maurel

Feb 25, 2014, 2:46:49 AM2/25/14
to Nebojsa Vasiljevic, unitex-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nebojsa,

Thank your for your interest for my suggestion.
Yes, File Edition is just a file editor, very useful in course and students always forget the .txt, .dic, .csc when they use it and forget their files!
It is just a little improvement of the interface, already implemented in "open" foor text, graph or dela menus...

Best regards,

Denis Maurel

____________________________________
Professor Denis Maurel
Université François Rabelais Tours
LI (Computer Science Research Laboratory)
EPU-DI
64 avenue Jean-Portalis
37200 Tours
France
Phone: 33-2.47.36.14.35
Fax: 33-2.47.36.14.22
mailto:denis....@univ-tours.fr

http://www.univ-tours.fr/maurel

http://www.li.univ-tours.fr
http://tln.li.univ-tours.fr/

Hello Denis,

eric.laporte

Feb 25, 2014, 3:33:52 AM2/25/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nebojsa, When I use the version with your changes, a Java exception occurs when I use FSGraph > New (cf. attached images), then the new graph opens. This exception did not occur with the previous versions. I suggest you take a look before you commit the changes. Thanks, Eric

exception-end.gif
exception-begin.gif

Nebojsa Vasiljevic

Feb 26, 2014, 10:56:45 AM2/26/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Eric,

Thank you for the bug report, I plan to fix this bug and some other details next weekend.  I didn't hurry to commit the source since I expected this kind of bugs could happen, but nevertheless, even if I committed I would be able to commit a fix.

So everybody, please continue to test those new features and report any issue you find.

Regards,
Nebojša

Nebojsa Vasiljevic

Feb 28, 2014, 5:40:24 PM2/28/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
I've fixed this Null pointer exception,

You can download new Unitex.jar (Unitex-jar-2014-02-28.zip) from https://sites.google.com/site/unitexnv/

Hope It works properly now.

Regards,
Nebojsa

eric.laporte

Mar 1, 2014, 12:30:40 PM3/1/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nebojsa, it works well now.
Best,
Eric

Nebojsa Vasiljevic

Mar 1, 2014, 12:56:18 PM3/1/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Committed.

If anyone faces any issue with those changes, please don't hesitate to report.

Regards,
Nebojsa

Nebojsa Vasiljevic

Mar 3, 2014, 4:04:07 PM3/3/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com, Nebojsa Vasiljevic, denis....@univ-tours.fr
Denis,

I've registered this feature request as:

Regards,
Nebojsa

eric.laporte

Mar 4, 2014, 3:33:19 AM3/4/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the changes for 'open recent', active windows and language memory, it is in operation now.
Best,
Eric