The difference between concept of the symbol and TFST

ghezaiel nadia

Apr 20, 2014, 1:02:56 PM4/20/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

In the source code of the Unitex platform, specifically in the "Elag-functions.ccp" ,we find the function : "convert_elag_symbols_to_tfst_tags" .This function is used to convert symbols (already used) into tfstTags. At this point, I want to know what is the relationship between the concept of the symbol and TFST. What is the utility of TfstTag?

And thanks in advance,

eric.laporte

Apr 23, 2014, 5:08:04 AM4/23/14
to unitex-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nadia,

Tfst tags are strings to be displayed in the text automaton. They are a visual form of the lexical tags, whereas symbols are a structured form which is convenient for computation.

Best,

Eric Laporte