A slightly different form of amendment

Dennis

Feb 3, 2012, 4:46:10 PM2/3/12
to United Republic Volunteers
We all know that money permeates all of politics. Lobbyist, PAC's,
unions, organization of every imaginable kind, blunders, etc. What I
propose is a very simple amendment that would solve all of the
problems at once and return control to the people. My proposal is as
follows:

The constitutional amendment would limit all contributions to any
Federally elected position or issue campaign to a total of $100.00 per
election cycle per entity. An entity is an individual (including the
candidate), a corporation, union, association, PAC, lobbysit, etc.
Any and all gifts given to an elected official, their family, or
employees would be counted as a political contribution.

All donations would have to be reported and recorded on a viewable
national data base.

I believe that this type of amendment accomplishes many things. It
takes care of the lobbying issue. It stops the supper wealthy from
buying a seat in the congress. It gives everyday people the same
power as the Kock Brothers, or the National Teachers Union, or GE.
It would force candidates to talk about issues and run neighborhood
campaigns.

I would love the hear comments and suggestions.

Karin Standifer

Feb 8, 2012, 3:09:00 PM2/8/12
to united-republ...@googlegroups.com
Good idea!  Do you think there is any chance of getting the amendment to pass?

Dennis

Feb 12, 2012, 7:20:56 AM2/12/12
to United Republic Volunteers
It is like any of the ammendment proposals it will rfequire lots of
work to build ground swell of support. What I like about this one is
it effects change to not only big money, but lobbyists, and if
explained I believe could be supported by people of all political
stripes.

Sheppard

Feb 22, 2012, 11:41:18 AM2/22/12
to United Republic Volunteers
Dennis,

Have you read Republic, Lost by Lawerence Lessig?