Quran reader with mushaf font and detail meaning of each word

Omar Al Zabir

Aug 9, 2015, 6:10:07 PM8/9/15
to united...@googlegroups.com, q d
Assalamu Alaikum,
I have been working on a Quran reader website that renders text in mushaf font and offers detail word by word explanation. My primary intention is to offer Bangla translation as there's very little done for Bangla speakers. Please take a look. Your suggestions are welcome. I have tried to make it as mobile-friendly as possible.

Screenshot

Features that I would like to add in future:

1. More grammar from corpus.quran.com
2. Verb conjugation.
3. Better explanation of each word, like the way Nouman explains each word.
4. Recitation player.
5. Notebook feature to store ayah, words for later review.
6. Word by word recitation in order to help learn recitation with tajweed.

If you could provide me with any pointer where I can get data/code for these features, I would be grateful.

--
OmarALZabir.com/Charity

Omar Al Zabir

Aug 9, 2015, 6:41:41 PM8/9/15
to Omar Al Zabir, united...@googlegroups.com, q d
Forgot to share the url!

Http://quranapp.omaralzabir.com

Th githib code is at:

https://github.com/oazabir/QuranApp

Aug 10, 2015, 5:53:26 AM8/10/15
to Ali Adams, united...@googlegroups.com, q d
Jazaka Allaah brotheer Ali for the helpful pointers. Some questions below:

1. More grammar from corpus.quran.com
A more accurate grammar corrected for tanzil.net QuranText
QuranCode1433\DataAccess\Data\word-parts.txt

I have it in an excel format from your previous work that you gave me last year. Shall I use that?

2. Verb conjugation.
Again QuranCode generates verb conjugations on the fly as you move over words if the Verb Forms tab is displayed.
Please review it and this is what you need, then I can generate a txt file for all verbs.

Is it possible to pre-generate the conjugations of all the unique verbs in Quran in a excel sheet so that I can import them into database?

3. Better explanation of each word, like the way Nouman explains each word.
We really need to do this by hand. Currently I am using WordByWord (of brother QD I think).
Still too many word mixup that need to be corrected like Mankind for Bashar (who are never negative) and Human for Insaan or Forgetful Bashar (who can be negative), etc.

Yes, I need to hire some people to do the work. Someone needs to read Lughatul quran and Nouman's lectures and write down the detail meaning.

4. Recitation player.
QuranCode1433\Tools\MP3Player

I will probably have to use jsQari for a webversion.

5. Notebook feature to store ayah, words for later review.
I use Bookmarks but since no one seems to use I made them hidden behind F2

6. Word by word recitation in order to help learn recitation with tajweed.
I would like to get this too :)

Bayan Quran app seems to have done it. I haven't found any open source implementation of thisyet.

--
OmarALZabir.com/Charity

Ali Adams

Aug 10, 2015, 8:19:26 AM8/10/15
to Omar Al Zabir, united...@googlegroups.com, q d
Answers are inline.

Jazaka Allaah brotheer Ali for the helpful pointers. Some questions below:

1. More grammar from corpus.quran.com
A more accurate grammar corrected for tanzil.net QuranText
QuranCode1433\DataAccess\Data\word-parts.txt

I have it in an excel format from your previous work that you gave me last year. Shall I use that?
I think I have updated it since then. Check the Wudhuu aya 5:6 with Baa as partial article.
I have also edited the word-by-word file accordingly. I see you are using an older one.

2. Verb conjugation.
Again QuranCode generates verb conjugations on the fly as you move over words if the Verb Forms tab is displayed.
Please review it and this is what you need, then I can generate a txt file for all verbs.

Is it possible to pre-generate the conjugations of all the unique verbs in Quran in a excel sheet so that I can import them into database?
I will do that asap.

3. Better explanation of each word, like the way Nouman explains each word.
We really need to do this by hand. Currently I am using WordByWord (of brother QD I think).
Still too many word mixup that need to be corrected like Mankind for Bashar (who are never negative) and Human for Insaan or Forgetful Bashar (who can be negative), etc.

Yes, I need to hire some people to do the work. Someone needs to read Lughatul quran and Nouman's lectures and write down the detail meaning.
I think they may also need to read my short book: Soul and Spirit to avoid common mistakes.

For example when Allah swt uses the word "Wafaat", that means one of three things: { Sleep | Martydom | Death }.
These three concepts (especially death cannot be used instead of wafaat (Returing fully to God).
It would reduce the scope of the intended application of such ayas.

The unbelievers are never given the option to be martyred in the Quran. Allah swt always uses Death for them, whereas others have both options. Also asleep man for 4 months and 10 days is Mutawafee and hence his wife would be divorced as Allah swt uses the word Wafaat, not Death of the husband. Also 4 months and 10 days is 40 days more than normal (maximum) divorce's waiting period so Mankind needs 40 days after Wafaat to disconnect his soul's energy field (Aura) from his wife(ves) and then the normal 3 clean periods (qiroo') start ticking. Also 3uqdat al-nikaah or tying the knot means the merger of the woman's aura with the man and starts immediately when marriage is pronounced.

So many many easy to mix words (due to common wrong usage in everyday Arabic) that blinds Muslims from the exact intended meaning and worse still they insist of doing it wrong even when shown the aya(s).

In QuranCode, users can use Ctrl+Click a word to find how Allah swt uses (in context) such a word and words from the same root of the clicked word to understand the settle meaning. Generalization/specialization need to be taken care of.

Sorry for the detailed answer but it pains me to see Muslims not taking proper care of what Allah has given us.
Al-hamdu liAllah infinitely ALWAYS.

--
OmarALZabir.com/Charity