Cookie Tour 2008

Chris Everett

Oct 24, 2008, 1:34:10 AM10/24/08
to Union Square (Baltimore)
From: "Megan Schulze" <schulzeme...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:26:22 -0400
Subject: Cookie Tour 2008

Hello neighbors,

It's that time of year again and the cookie tour committee is asking
for your help. As many of you know, the Union Square Cookie Tour is
our biggest fundraiser and in order to make the 2008 Cookie Tour as
big of a success as last year, we need volunteers!

The tour will take place on Sunday, December 14th from 12pm-5pm.

The following is a list of ways you can help:

1. Open your house or part of your house for touring (this is the
biggest way to make the tour a hit!)
2. Bake cookies or another treat for someone else to use at their
house.
3. Join the committee and help with the planning of the tour.
4. Be a day-of volunteer to help with the money collection, etc.
5. Buy an ad, make a donation, or help find ads from businesses
around the city.
6. Give the committee information/help in finding ways to get
publicity.
7. Find businesses willing to donate prizes, gifts, etc. for the day
of.

Another great tour this year could make the assocation close to
$5,000! Please consider opening your home, or helping out in some
other way. As someone who has opened my house for the past two years,
I can say that it's a great day and a lot of fun to show off what
makes our neighborhood/houses special...

If you are new to the neighborhood and need more information about
what the cookie tour is, please email me and I'd be more than happy to
give you additional information about the tour.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Megan Schulze
Union Square Secretary

From: sheila...@learningeverywhere.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:36:18 +0000
Subject: Re: Cookie Tour 2008

Ok Megan I'll try this again. Sign me up for the day of and ad and a
donation.

From: Benjamin Burns <benj.bu...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 19:47:13 -0400

How much is an ad space?

Sent from my iPhone

From: Rab1...@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 09:50:00 EDT

As a resident of Union Square since 1975, and as a participant in
every house tour but one, we also encourage new people to get
involved!

Also, try to think "outside the box" i.e. we belong to a car club, and
do a "Holiday Party" after the tour ends-since we are already working
that day. In each of the past 5 years, they have contributed $200
directly in support of USA and everyone has a great time and gets an
opportunity to see the inner city in a different light.

Best to all.

Betty and Ron Brown
Hollins Street

From: "Megan Schulze" <schulzeme...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 17:20:06 -0400

Hello neighbors,

A few people have emailed me in regard to ad pricing for the cookie
tour. Below is a cost sheet in case you know of anyone that may be
willing to purchase an ad (maybe your employer, a business you
frequent, etc.) It's a great way to help raise money for the
neighborhood.

Please let me know if you'd like to purchase one to help out the
community.

No need to reply to all, just me!

*Ad info:*

*The ads are placed in the cookie tour booklet which goes out to all
the tour go-ers that day. *
*Each person who places an ad gets a copy of the booklet as well.*
*Pricing is as follows:*
**
*1/4 page: $75*
*1/2 page: $150*
*Whole page: $300*
*Special Thanks (a two-three line greeting, thank you, message,
etc.): $25*

Thanks,

Megan Schulze

From: sarah whitaker <sawhita...@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 12:04:43 +0000

Hi Megan,
I will not be able to put my house on the tour this year, but would be
willing to help make cookies.
Thanks!
Sarah Whitaker
11 S. Stricker