UNIMRCP does not detect silence

asifs...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2020, 4:00:30 AM9/3/20
to UniMRCP
Hi we are using a custom built pluging for speech recognition. Out platform structure is

Asterisk
Unimrcp
custom speech server plugin

It keep processing the call and does not send request to unimrcp server untill i manually silent my microphone. when i click on mute call it send the stream to unimrcp server.

Here is dialplan for testing

[asr2]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,MRCPRecog(/etc/asterisk/grammer/yesno.gram,p=default&t=1000&sw=1&b=2&ct=0.7&spl=en-US&f=pitch1)
exten => s,n,Verbose(1, 'result=',${RECOGSTATUS}, ${RECOG_COMPLETION_CAUSE}, ${RECOG_RESULT})
exten => s,n,Hangup

Arsen Chaloyan

Sep 4, 2020, 9:45:18 PM9/4/20
to UniMRCP
Hi Asif,

It is up to your plugin to implement speech endpointing. The energy-based VAD implementation is used in/for the demo plugins only.

Arsen Chaloyan
Author of UniMRCP
http://www.unimrcp.org

Julien

May 2, 2022, 8:29:07 AM5/2/22
to UniMRCP
Hi Arsen,

Should we understand methods like mpf_activity_detector_process, mpf_activity_detector_noinput_timeout_set, ... do not work outside the demo plugins?

Yours sincerely,
Julien BAUMGARTEN

Arsen Chaloyan

May 3, 2022, 6:27:59 PM5/3/22
to UniMRCP
Hi Julien,

The mpf_activity_detector is used mostly for the demo purposes and shall not be considered for production use.

Julien

May 16, 2022, 3:46:06 AM5/16/22
to UniMRCP
Hi Arsen,