Cannot use Azure STT on premise

Gercel F

May 24, 2022, 2:44:49 AM5/24/22
to UniMRCP
Dear support,

We need help on a PoC with one of our customers who wanted to test connecting our GVP IVR platform to their Azure STT solution they are hosting on premise. We are using MRCPv1 (using Genesys MRCP Proxy component)

We configured the plugin with the parameters :

{
"auth-endpoint": "",
"auth-key": "",
"service-endpoint": "wss://<remote ip on customer premise>:<port>/speech/recognition/interactive/cognitiveservices/v1"
}

or

{
"auth-endpoint": "",
"auth-key": "",
"service-endpoint": "wss://<remote ip on customer premise>:<port>"
}

or

{
"auth-endpoint": "",
"auth-key": "",
"service-endpoint": "wss://<remote ip on customer premise>"
}

with same result every time.

On our proxy squid (used between our unimrcp and the customer premise) log we only see:

1653337545.630    150 <PRIVATE IP> TCP_TUNNEL/200 5167 CONNECT <customer IP>:<port> - HIER_DIRECT/<IP> -
since all is encrypted then?

We are using version 1.20 of the plugin.

Thank you for your help
log_azure_plugin.txt

Arsen Chaloyan

May 28, 2022, 1:50:49 PM5/28/22
to UniMRCP
Hi Gercel,

The Azure plugins are known to work with on-prem STT and TTS containers. However, a non-secure "ws://" endpoint shall be used instead of "wss://", as this is what I was told by MS when we initially added support for on-prem containers. And I do not think anyone has tried to use this setup over an HTTP proxy, since the main purpose/advantage of the containers is running all the components on the same infrastructure.

Arsen Chaloyan
Author of UniMRCP
http://www.unimrcp.org