Delay after Providing Speech and DTMF Inputs in Cisco Integration with AWS Lex

Chandra

Jun 3, 2021, 2:03:22 PM6/3/21
to UniMRCP
Hey Arsen,

Our Cisco CVP Application is integrated with uniMRCP Servers and Lex V1 Plugin is setup on those MRCP Servers. We have Perpetual Primary and Backup Licenses for MRCP servers hosted on RHEL7 and both are configured in Cisco PCCE 12.0 VVB Servers, reachable on Port 5060.

The issue is, After i input something in the form of Speech and DTMF, i am getting significant amount of Delay like 20-40 seconds and then i get back the response to CVP Application.

Should i change any settings to get this working. Kindly help me on this issue.

Disclaimer :  This e-mail transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged information that is intended only for the individual and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of SpinSci Technology LLC. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that we can arrange for proper delivery, and then please delete the message from your inbox.

Arsen Chaloyan

Jun 8, 2021, 9:41:33 PM6/8/21
to UniMRCP
We discussed this issue with Chandra offline. I am posting a response here for others possibly encountering the same or a similar problem.

There is a key difference between the Lex V1 and V2 APIs, which may not seem obvious. And the difference is in streaming speech transcription, intent detection supported by Lex V2 but not V1. Having the ability to stream data in realtime helps with speech endpointing. And this is where the Lex V1 plugin may struggle not being able to reliably determine end of speech in a noisy environment. Everyone is encouraged to migrate to Lex V2 which allows to have better user experience.

Arsen Chaloyan
Author of UniMRCP
http://www.unimrcp.org