Amazon Transcribe with AWS Lex and FS

momil ijaz

Jun 13, 2021, 9:21:13 AM6/13/21
to UniMRCP
Dear Concerned,
 We have already implemented a unimrcp lex and polly with freeSWITCH, but the speech to text quality is not good enough. Can we use Amazon Transcribe using the Unimrcp Transcribe with lex and polly ? Or can we use any other speech to text engine in this configuration like Azure or Google or Watson?

Arsen Chaloyan

Jun 23, 2021, 7:46:11 PM6/23/21
to UniMRCP
Hi Momil,

If you intend to use Lex, then it would be advisable to use Lex V2 for both streaming speech transcription and intent detection, even though you can use any of the supported integrations to perform speech transcription first.

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 6:21 AM momil ijaz <momi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Concerned,
 We have already implemented a unimrcp lex and polly with freeSWITCH, but the speech to text quality is not good enough. Can we use Amazon Transcribe using the Unimrcp Transcribe with lex and polly ? Or can we use any other speech to text engine in this configuration like Azure or Google or Watson?

Arsen Chaloyan
Author of UniMRCP
http://www.unimrcp.org