undefined reference to `apr_os_uuid_get'

heiko felgendreher

Aug 30, 2016, 10:07:02 AM8/30/16
to UniMRCP
Hi,
yesterday i started with the installation of unimrcp-1.4.0 on debian 8.5.
i deinstalled existing APR, APR-util and Sofia-SIP and used instead build-dep-libs.sh.
There was no problem and i tried:
./configure --with-apr=/install/unimrcp-1.4.0/libs/apr --with-apr-util=/install/unimrcp-1.4.0/libs/apr-util --with-sofia-sip=/install/unimrcp-1.4.0/libs/sofia-sip which resulted in:

/install/unimrcp-1.4.0/libs/apr-util/.libs/libaprutil-1.so: undefined reference to `apr_os_uuid_get'.

google and co could not give me any help and so i would like to ask you, if you have any ideas what i made wrong.

thx a lot

heiko felgendreher

Aug 30, 2016, 10:36:50 AM8/30/16
to UniMRCP

Sorry, sent to fast.
./configure was fine, but make results in:

/install/unimrcp-1.4.0/libs/apr-util/.libs/libaprutil-1.so: undefined reference to `apr_os_uuid_get'.

Arsen Chaloyan

Aug 30, 2016, 4:20:41 PM8/30/16
to UniMRCP
Hi Heiko,

Although I do not have access to Debian 8.5 to try, the problem appears to be in the ./configure routine of the APR library itself.

Looking at the APR code, in particular, the definition of apr_os_uuid_get() in apr/misc/unix/rand.c, it looks like you somehow have APR_HAS_OS_UUID defined in apr/include/apr.h, while having both HAVE_UUID_CREATE and HAVE_UUID_GENERATE undefined in apr/include/arch/unix/apr_private.h.

In brief, I believe if you install the uuid development library and try to build the dependencies afterwards, the problem will be solved.

apt-get install uuid-dev
./build-dep-libs.sh

As for the options to UniMRCP ./configure script, you do not have to provide paths to respective source directories of dependencies. The package should be able to find installed libraries by default. So, the following should be sufficient:

./configure
make

Arsen Chaloyan
Author of UniMRCP
http://www.unimrcp.org

heiko felgendreher

Sep 14, 2016, 11:14:31 AM9/14/16
to UniMRCP
Hi Arsen,
thx a lot for your very fast answer. I will try your suggestions and hopefully everything will do its job.

Greets
Heiko
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to unimrcp+u...@googlegroups.com.