Custom scripts for umc

hemant@ym

May 27, 2021, 1:06:13 AM5/27/21
to UniMRCP
Hey,
I have installed unimrcp server as provided in the manuals(rhel).
I am able to test the server using the sample client app umc . And then running the command run bss1 to test the AzureSS.

I want to create a custom script to run from umc. I basically want to send my own SSML tagged text and verify the output.
Is it possible? How do I do it?

Arsen Chaloyan

Jun 8, 2021, 9:37:20 PM6/8/21
to UniMRCP
Hi Hemant,

Yes, you may create as many custom scenario files as needed.

In /opt/unimrcp/conf/umc-scenarios, create a scenario file, for example, bss2.xml by specifying the name, content-type and content-location as follows.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<umcscenario name="bss2" class="Synthesizer" profile="uni2">
  <resource-discovery enable="0"/>
  <speak enable="1" content-type="application/ssml+xml" content-location="speak2.xml"/>

  <termination enable="1">
    <capabilities>
      <codec name="LPCM" rates="8000 16000"/>
    </capabilities>
  </termination>
</umcscenario>

In /opt/unimrcp/data, create a text file speak2.xml which would hold your custom SSML content

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<speak version="1.0" xml:lang="en-US" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/synthesis">Your data</speak>

Execute ./umc and type run bss2, where bss2 is an arbitrary name of the scenario specified above.

Arsen Chaloyan
Author of UniMRCP
http://www.unimrcp.org

hemant@ym