Adjusting parameters on the UMSazureSR plugin

Fidel Gil

Jan 4, 2023, 10:03:22 AM1/4/23
to UniMRCP
Hello,

Hello I am using MRCP server 1.7.0 with the Azure SR plugin, I have installed and run the diagnostic test of using the bsr1 scenario from the umc-addons.

I have created a copy of the bsr1 scenario and changed it to use a custom audio file. And here comes my problem.

When I set the audio file to be a small audio file, say a single sentence, I get the transcript of it as expected. When I set the audio File to be something larger in my case a 20 second recording, the server gets as reply the following:

MRCP/2.0 243 RECOGNITION-COMPLETE 1 COMPLETE
Channel-Identifier: f56e798f646c4b7f@speechrecog
Completion-Cause: 001 no-match

While on the umc side I get the following output:

[WARN]   No NLSML data available

I have modified the umsazuresr.xml file to not apply single utterances as can be seen here:

   <ws-streaming-recognition
      language="de-DE"
      max-alternatives="1"
      alternatives-below-threshold="false"
      sort-alternatives="false"
      confidence-format="auto"
      confidence-precision="2"
      results-indent="2"
      results-format="standard"
      tag-format="default"
      input-format="default"
      start-of-input="service-originated"
      skip-unsupported-grammars="true"
      transcription-grammar="transcribe"
      grammar-param-separator=";"
      auth-validation-period="480"
      auth-request-timeout="30"
      inter-result-timeout="0"
      input-token="Lexical"
      instance-token="ITN"
      connect-timeout="0"
      auto-reconnect="false"
      max-audio-data-chunks="0"
      max-connection-duration="0"
      graceful-ws-close="false"
      single-utterance="false"
   />
Asides of that while reading the usage guide:
 https://docs.unispeech.io/en/ums/ms-azure/speech-recog/usage

I read that the endpoint could be part of the issue so I changed it from interactive to dicatation. So I specified the endpoint on the cognitive.subscription.key file

If anyone could point me on the right direction on how to do the speech recognition in continious mode, that would be awesome. Also I am not well versed on the UNImrcp Server logic so it could be that there is some default I have missed

Kind Regards
Fidel Gil

Arsen Chaloyan

Jan 26, 2023, 6:48:58 PM1/26/23
to uni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gil,

Setting the single-utterance attribute to false in the configuration shall be sufficient, unless the parameter is overridden in the recognition request. The server logs located in the /opt/unimrcp/log directory with the sample utterance that you use would be required to identify the problem.

Arsen Chaloyan
Author of UniMRCP
http://www.unimrcp.org