Noise Activity Detection

abhishek kesharwani

Jul 11, 2021, 8:49:31 AM7/11/21
to uni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arsen,

I am using AWS transcribe , facing issues  while detecting speech. I am using freeswitch and unimrcp with aws transcribe.

Playing a recorded file. umstranscribe config is as below:

 <streaming-recognition
      single-utterance="false"
      interim-results="true"
      start-of-input="service-originated"
      language="en-US"
      max-alternatives="5"
      alternatives-below-threshold="true"
      skip-empty-results="true"
      skip-unsupported-grammars="true"
      transcription-grammar="transcribe"
      grammar-param-separator=";"
      inter-result-timeout="5000"
      region=""
      vocabulary-name=""
   />

 <speech-dtmf-input-detector
      vad-mode="3"
      speech-start-timeout="50"
      speech-complete-timeout="5000"
      speech-incomplete-timeout="15000"
      noinput-timeout="2000"
      input-timeout="3000"
      dtmf-interdigit-timeout="5000"
      dtmf-term-timeout="10000"
      dtmf-term-char=""
      speech-leading-silence="300"
      speech-trailing-silence="200"
      speech-output-period="300"
   />

Problem : while tested and keep muted the mic , file playing order is fine, if don't mute the mic , plugin detected surrounding noise like (fan voice or something but no one is speaking ), i tried various combination but didn't work ..and all audio getting mesh up.

please guide how to resolve the above issue , so that ai bot only detect speech no surrounding voice.

Thanks & Regards
Abhishek Kumar Kesharwani
Whatsapp: +91 9560305196
Skype: abhishekkumar2012

Arsen Chaloyan

Aug 24, 2021, 9:28:44 PM8/24/21
to UniMRCP
Hi Abhishek,

I'd suggest increasing the no-input and input timeouts. Otherwise, the parameters seem good. Since the client can override the specified timeouts per request, the logs would be required to identify the problem. It would be better if you or anyone else experiencing a similar problem could also collect and supply the corresponding utterance(s) stored in the /opt/unimrcp/var directory.

   <utterance-manager
      save-waveforms="true"
      purge-existing="false"

Arsen Chaloyan