new group and spec: "Ebooks for Math and Science"

Paul Topping

Jun 23, 2009, 2:27:10 PM6/23/09
to uni...@googlegroups.com
Just FYI, I want to announce that we've established a LinkedIn group
called "Ebooks for Math and Science"
(http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1945452). In this group we expect to
discuss the issues involved in producing ebooks in which mathematical
and other notations are properly handled, including display,
interoperability with other applications, accessibility to people with
disabilities, math-based search, etc. As first step, we have published a
specification, "EPUB Math: Best Practices for Mathematics in Ebooks"
(http://www.dessci.com/ebooks). You are all welcome to join the
discussion.

Paul Topping
Design Science, Inc.
Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, and MathDaisy