Upright Bold

Joel C. Salomon

May 28, 2009, 12:11:46 PM5/28/09
to Unicode Maths for Τεχ
\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{unicode-math}
\begin{document}
How do I accomplish what I’m trying for here:
\( \mathup{\mathbf{a}} \mathbf{\mathup{a}} \)?
\end{document}

I know I can set the default with the [bold-style=TeX] option, but how
can I override the defaults for a single term?

(Can I?)

—Joel

Will Robertson

May 29, 2009, 2:31:27 AM5/29/09
to uni...@googlegroups.com
On 29/05/2009, at 1:41 AM, Joel C. Salomon wrote:

> \( \mathup{\mathbf{a}} \mathbf{\mathup{a}} \)?
>

> I know I can set the default with the [bold-style=TeX] option, but how
> can I override the defaults for a single term?

This isn't documented very well, sorry. I haven't got around to
writing code to "collapse" expressions like \mathup{\mathbf} (and the
only reason to do so, I think, is for backwards compatibility).

But you can do what you need with \mathbfup{a}.

Will