Next Unikernel Alliance meeting: tomorrow, Thursday, October 26, 2023, 6pm CEST, on Zoom

1 view

Răzvan Deaconescu

Oct 25, 2023, 8:21:18 AM10/25/23
to Unikernel Alliance
Hi, everyone.

We meet tomorrow, Thursday, October 26, 2023, 6pm CEST, for our next
Unikernel Alliance meeting, as in the calendar invite. We meet on
Zoom, link to be provided soon.

This is going to be our to be our first "free discussion" meeting. The
topic is "Unikernel Use Cases" - what are unikernels useful for? How
we can we best put this technology to use?

While the context is mostly on creating commercial value, we should
also discuss research and teaching prospects.

This is a brainstorming meeting, so everyone is welcome to join,
provide opinions and contribute. The outcome would ideally comprise of
directions that unikernel projects should focus on and potential ways
in which we, part of different unikernel projects, can work together
towards those.

Meet you all tomorrow!

Razvan

Răzvan Deaconescu

Oct 25, 2023, 8:49:03 AM10/25/23
to Unikernel Alliance
An extra topic of the discussion is a "Unikraft Alliance" stand
submission to FOSDEM'24[1].

Anastassios (Tassos) brought up the idea. Let's discuss it as well
tomorrow, at the meeting.

[1] https://fosdem.org/2024/stands/

Razvan

Răzvan Deaconescu

Oct 26, 2023, 8:25:31 AM10/26/23
to Unikernel Alliance
We will use the Zoom link[2] we've been using for previous meetings.

We meet in about 3.5 hours, at 6pm CEST. Agenda:

* Unikernel Alliance Stand at FOSDEM'24[1]
* Unikernel use cases

> [1] https://fosdem.org/2024/stands/
[2] https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83231612074?pwd=ZHAwbWdjaXJjalhMMWNtRGNSUVNaUT09

Razvan

Razvan Deaconescu

Oct 30, 2023, 4:48:41 AM10/30/23
to Unikernel Alliance
Please find the summary of our Unikernel Alliance meeting from Thursday,
October 26, 2023, 6pm CEST, on Google Drive[3].

= TODOs and Decisions

Anastassios Nanos: Lead the writing for the FOSDEM'24 stand proposal.
Felipe Huici: Decide what is the central message for the proposal.

We meet next on Thursday, November 23, 2023, 6pm CET. We focus on
performance / throughput.

We use topics for the next discussions. For each topic we discuss
opportunities (use cases) and challenges of unikernels:

* performance / throughput
* security
* cost / resource efficiency
* portability / ease of deployment