Reminder: Meeting: Thursday, May 25, 2023, 6pm CEST, online, Zoom: UKL and LKL

Razvan Deaconescu

May 19, 2023, 1:20:32 AM5/19/23
to Unikernel Alliance
Hi, everyone.

This is a reminder that we meet on Thursday, May 25, 2023, 6pm CEST,
online, on Zoom[1] (thanks, Tomas, for the link), for our
first-after-kick-off meeting of the Unikernel Alliance Group. I sent /
updated the calendar invite.

For now, we will keep a summary of the meeting in this Google Drive
directory[2].

We will spend some time discussing administrative / logistics
(resources, future website, logo, next meetings) and then have talks for
two projects:

* Unikernel Library (UKL): Rich / Eric
* Linux Kernel Library (LKL): Tavi

Tavi, Rich, Eric, it's up to you if you want to do a set of slides, or
demo, or something combined. Please aim to fit in 20 minutes so we can
have some time for questions and discussions.

See you on Thursday!

[1] https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83474439883?pwd=VVROZ1YrTmJkWS9lNVRrRnhPOVhPUT09
[2] https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k4epAn8kMrypj5X1D13tOCKW2OgW4olf?usp=share_link

Razvan

Richard W.M. Jones

May 19, 2023, 3:39:02 AM5/19/23
to Razvan Deaconescu, Unikernel Alliance
On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 08:20:28AM +0300, Razvan Deaconescu wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> This is a reminder that we meet on Thursday, May 25, 2023, 6pm CEST,
> online, on Zoom[1] (thanks, Tomas, for the link), for our
> first-after-kick-off meeting of the Unikernel Alliance Group. I sent /
> updated the calendar invite.
>
> For now, we will keep a summary of the meeting in this Google Drive
> directory[2].
>
> We will spend some time discussing administrative / logistics
> (resources, future website, logo, next meetings) and then have talks for
> two projects:
>
> * Unikernel Library (UKL): Rich / Eric
> * Linux Kernel Library (LKL): Tavi
>
> Tavi, Rich, Eric, it's up to you if you want to do a set of slides, or
> demo, or something combined. Please aim to fit in 20 minutes so we can
> have some time for questions and discussions.

Yup, discussed with Eric today. I don't think we'll have
slides ahead of time.

Rich.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW

Răzvan Deaconescu

May 23, 2023, 11:01:07 AM5/23/23
to Unikernel Alliance
On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 8:20 AM Razvan Deaconescu <raz...@unikraft.io> wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> This is a reminder that we meet on Thursday, May 25, 2023, 6pm CEST,
> online, on Zoom[1] (thanks, Tomas, for the link), for our
> first-after-kick-off meeting of the Unikernel Alliance Group. I sent /
> updated the calendar invite.
>
> For now, we will keep a summary of the meeting in this Google Drive
> directory[2].
>
> We will spend some time discussing administrative / logistics
> (resources, future website, logo, next meetings) and then have talks for
> two projects:
>
> * Unikernel Library (UKL): Rich / Eric
> * Linux Kernel Library (LKL): Tavi
>
> Tavi, Rich, Eric, it's up to you if you want to do a set of slides, or
> demo, or something combined. Please aim to fit in 20 minutes so we can
> have some time for questions and discussions.
>
> See you on Thursday!

Hi, everyone.

Reminder that we meet two days from now, on Thursday, May 25, 2023,
6pm CEST, on Zoom[1], for some administrative discussions and then two
talks:

* Unikernel Library (UKL): Rich / Eric
* Linux Kernel Library (LKL): Tavi

Given that, there are some items / questions. Please reply if you
disagree, otherwise we would proceed.

* We should invite as many interested people as possible, particularly
from our own communities. We would do a public announcement in
communities. Anyone against this?
* We should record the talks (privacy of participants kept, the talk
contents would be recorded) and then provide them to interested
parties that couldn't attend. I would for making them public. Anyone
against this?
* Advertise the mailing group[3] and the Slack channel[4] publicly so
that anyone could join. Primarily we would advertise this in our own
communities. Anyone against this?
[3] https://groups.google.com/g/unikernel-alliance
[4] https://unikernelalliance.slack.com

Razvan

Răzvan Deaconescu

May 25, 2023, 11:56:47 AM5/25/23
to Unikernel Alliance

Razvan Deaconescu

May 31, 2023, 8:22:10 AM5/31/23
to Unikernel Alliance
Hi, everyone.

Please find the recordings from the tech talks from our last Unikernel
Alliance meeting (Thursday, May 25, 2023, 6pm CEST) on Google
Drive[1]. I'll also provide a link to a YouTube channel for them.

* Unikernel Linux (UKL), by Richard (Rich) Jones and Eric Munson
* Linux Kernel Library (LKL), by Octavian (Tavi) Purdilă

Each video is about 20 minutes in length.

Pass the link to those interested.

[1] https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qXcdpCXb8iKxsQzgP5GBEFwQ06wa1x1L?usp=share_link

Razvan