Firmware v0.5.1 released - Xbox One/DualShok 4

Ricardo Quesada

Jan 4, 2020, 1:00:02 AM1/4/20
to Unijoysticle
Hi,

I've just released v0.5.1.
Download from here:
https://github.com/ricardoquesada/unijoysticle2/releases/tag/release_firmware_v0.5.1

Changes:
## [0.5.1] - 2020-01-03
### Added
- Firmware: Xbox One: rumbles when connected or switches joystick port.
- Firmware: esp-idf v3.3.1
- Firmware: SDP queries timeout after 3 seconds, enabling another SDP
query to start.
- Firmware: improved logging

Unintended changes:
- Dualshock 4 version 1 (ZCT1XX) works Ok. I've just received a 1st
version Dualshock 4, I tested it, and works fine. Don't know whether
it is related to a newer BTSTack version, or something else.
- Also, connecting two Dualshock 4 at the same time works fine. There
was an issue a long time ago. Somewhere in the middle it got "fixed".
- Xbox One has some issues reconnecting. I'll investigate further.
Don't know whether this is a regression of whether this bug existed
from day one.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Ricardo Quesada

Jan 4, 2020, 10:21:18 AM1/4/20
to Unijoysticle
I confirm that this release (v0.5.1) fixes the DualShock 4 1st-gen issue: https://gitlab.com/ricardoquesada/unijoysticle2/issues/4
Apparently there was a bug (?) in ESP-IDF, and ESP-IDF v3.3.1 (the one used in v0.5.1) fixed it.