v0.4-rc0 released: WiiMote: accel/vertical modes...

Ricardo Quesada

Aug 12, 2019, 11:56:06 PM8/12/19
to Unijoysticle
Hi,

I've just released v0.4-rc0.

Changes since v0.3:

## [0.4-rc0] - 2019-08-12
### Added
- Firmware: Support for Nintendo Wii Remote Motion Plus controller.
- Firmware: Support for "accelerometer mode" in Nintendo Wii Remote.
- Firmware: Support for "vertical mode" in Nintendo Wii Remote.

### Changed
- Firmware: Fix crash when printing "cannot swap joystick"
- Firmware: Compile ESP-IDF as Release build.
- Docs: Improved "supported devices".

Info regarding how to use the different Wii Remote modes here:

Download:
https://github.com/ricardoquesada/unijoysticle2/releases/tag/release_firmware_v0.4-rc0

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!

Edu Arana

Aug 13, 2019, 2:02:23 AM8/13/19
to Unijoysticle
Great advance Ricardo. Thanks for share your time by making UNIJOYSTICLE better every day :).

Edu.

Ricardo Quesada

Aug 13, 2019, 11:34:13 PM8/13/19
to Edu Arana, Unijoysticle
Thanks Edu. Let me know if you need any particular feature.

BTW,  Thanks Jason for suggesting adding "accelerometer" mode, and all the feedback regarding Wii devices.
If you have the time to test, I'd love to

I'll try to get a Nintendo Switch joystick and add support for it.
And I'll see if I can modify the Commando game and add support for "unijoysticle enhanced mode". With one thumb-stick you control the fire direction, and with the other the walking direction.

Ricardo Quesada

Aug 13, 2019, 11:35:18 PM8/13/19
to Edu Arana, Unijoysticle

BTW,  Thanks Jason for suggesting adding "accelerometer" mode, and all the feedback regarding Wii devices.
If you have the time to test, I'd love to

( sent email without finishing it).

If you have the time to test it, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Ricardo Quesada

Aug 18, 2019, 12:15:10 PM8/18/19
to Jason Wright, Unijoysticle
Thanks for the feedback Jason.

Yes, only recently I found the complete Wii protocol info: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote
So, I think I found the way to change the range of the thumb-sticks in the Wii U pro.

Regarding the accelerometer, I'll see what I can do.

thanks!

On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 7:44 AM Jason Wright <pyr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
WiiUPro pad, the deadzone needs expanding. It's really hard to get absolute up down left right without hitting diagonals instead. Also, sometimes when you let go it sits on 7 (left) and doesn't zero out. Digital works fine.

Accelerometer mode is nice, but it would be good to have the "level" point adjustable in some way. Or at least have your hand tilted back slightly when level as holding it absolutely flat is hard. Other than that it seems to work.