PS4 dualshock

Marco Zonta

Oct 15, 2019, 1:13:35 AM10/15/19
to Unijoysticle
I am struggling to use the PS4 dualshock pad. No success so far, while wiimote worked instantly.

I would like to send Ricardo the Unijoystickle 2 log via arduino, I follow all the instructions on the troubleshooting area. But I have won 10 and I have to choose a Com port. Which one is the right one? Only one grant me the access to the serial monitor, but then I set bauds to 115200 and I can’t see anything.

Anyone tried already?

Ricardo Quesada

Oct 15, 2019, 11:34:50 AM10/15/19
to Marco Zonta, Unijoysticle
Hi Marco,

What COM ports do you see?

Try this:

- Unplug the Unijoysticle from your PC.
- Restart Arduino
- See what are the available COM ports in Arduino.
- Plugin the Unijoysticle to your PC
- Restart Arduino
- There should be a new COM port available. Choose that one.
- Set bauds to 115200 (should be the default one).
- Press "reboot" button on the Unijoysticle
- You should be able to see something on the terminal

Marco Zonta

Oct 16, 2019, 2:51:27 AM10/16/19
to Unijoysticle
After cleaning everything with reset+toggle I get this, seems the dualshock can’t connect

Ok, this is the log...I read that

L2CAP_EVENT_CHANNEL_OPENED (channel=0x0042)
L2CAP Connection failed: 0x04.
--> HCI_EVENT_CONNECTION_COMPLETE
on_hci_connection_complete failed (4) for A4:15:66:D5:B8:75

This is the full log

--> GAP_EVENT_INQUIRY_COMPLETE
--> Scanning for new devices...
--> GAP_EVENT_INQUIRY_COMPLETE
--> Scanning for new devices...
Vendor ID: 0x0000 - Product ID: 0x0000
Device not detected (0x1f). Using generic driver.
--> HCI_EVENT_CONNECTION_COMPLETE
on_hci_connection_complete failed (8) for A4:15:66:D5:B8:75

Ricardo Quesada

Oct 16, 2019, 9:42:41 AM10/16/19
to Marco Zonta, Unijoysticle
Hi Marco,

I seems that you are triggering this bug: https://gitlab.com/ricardoquesada/unijoysticle2/issues/4
And I cannot do much... I'll need to reproduce it locally, in my machine to understand what's happening.

I do have PS4 dualshock, and I triggered that bug one, but it got "fixed" when I connected the gamepad to a Linux machine in PC mode. Could you try that?