Two-button mode for Amiga games?

Robert Bernardo

Nov 8, 2019, 9:42:53 AM11/8/19
to Unijoysticle
At https://atariage.com/forums/topic/292672-the-unijoysticle-2/?ct=1573223753 , Swami notes that the Unijoysticle as it is has
no support for Amiga games that use 2 buttons.  Can a 2-button mode be programmed into the Unijoysticle 2?

Back from Amsterdam, the Netherlands,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan

Ricardo Quesada

Nov 8, 2019, 1:24:52 PM11/8/19
to Robert Bernardo, Unijoysticle
Hi Robert,

As matter of fact, yes, you can use the 3-buttons in the Amiga.
It requires using a different firmware. The one that comes
pre-installed is optimized for the c64/c128 + mouse (mouse not
supported yet).

The way to do is:
- Use the "Joystick #1" port from the Unijoysticle, and connect it
to the Amiga (Atari ST should work as well). You will need a DB9
extension cable for that.
- Install the "3-button" firmware (I'll upload the binary soon).

And that's it.
Please, let me know if you have any questions! Thanks.

Ricardo Quesada

Nov 10, 2019, 5:31:31 PM11/10/19
to Robert Bernardo, Unijoysticle
Robert,

I've just released a firmware that support the Amiga with 3-buttons
(see limitations).
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/unijoysticle/NqWTm85u_O4

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!

Ricardo Quesada

Feb 1, 2022, 12:18:29 PM2/1/22
to Robert Bernardo, Unijoysticle
Hi Robert,

How are you? I hope everything is going well.
I just wanted to let you know that I've released a new version of the Unijoysticle: Unijoysticle 2+ :)

It has some improvements over the previous version (smaller, better looking, support for 2nd and 3rd button in Amiga), and also I've improved the firmware (much better gamepad support)
So, if you'd like to test it, I will happily ship it to you.

Just let me know at which address, and I'll ship it this week.

Thanks,