Need help

Michael johnson

Jul 21, 2020, 11:40:49 AM7/21/20
to UnifliteWorld
hello everyone I am a very proud owner of a 1985 42foot double cabin cruiser..i was wounding on my blower in my motor room,should I not have 2 of them,right now i have one and that seams small for the size room i have.also is there anything I can do to cool that motor room down more when I have both motors and the generator running its to me is just way to hot.

Kevin McIntosh

Jul 21, 2020, 12:52:05 PM7/21/20
to UnifliteWorld
Hey Michael ... congrats on your new acquisition ... 1985?  Is it a Chris Craft Catalina 425 Double Cabin that you have?  Or a Uniflite-branded 1984 MK II SE DCS model?  Or, could it be you have something I've never heard of - an actual 1985 HIN Uniflite MK II DCS?

And, for you to have a blower in your engine room, I presume you have Crusader CH350's (GM 454 big blocks suckin' back that gasolina) ... I have diesels and no blower(s) ... just the normal fresh air louvres Port & Stbd. ... the Detroit 6-71N's don't seem to mind the absence of forced fresh air ventilation (some high volume forced-air solution would be my thought for your situation .. .sorry, I've never researched that possibility) ... and I have found the temperatures in my e.r. while running are tolerable for the human.

You probably have the same saddle-style fuel tanks (200 U.S.g., each, Port & Stbd.) as I do ... getting at the back-side of the fresh air louvres to make additions / modifications will be a b*tch ... good luck!

Kevin Mc