View this page "671 Detroit fuel efficiency"

JT

Apr 30, 2008, 12:49:43 PM4/30/08
to UnifliteWorld

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/UnifliteWorld/web/671-detroit-fuel-efficiency?hl=en
- or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
work.

JT

May 6, 2008, 11:45:35 AM5/6/08
to UnifliteWorld

JT

May 6, 2008, 11:46:02 AM5/6/08
to UnifliteWorld

Ross Robertson

May 7, 2008, 10:27:42 AM5/7/08
to unifli...@googlegroups.com
I have a 79/80 38C with 6/71 NA J&Ts.   I can't answer your question directly as I have done a complete refit.   The boat was ready last Nov but we have had a really wet monsoon season ( Indonesia) and sea and general weather conditions were terrible for the last 6 months.  I decided to use this time to turbo my 6/71s raising their SHP to 325 and am about to run sea trials now..

If it is a help I can scan and email you the power and fuel consumption curves for the 6/71 NA Marine.

What props do you have 3 or 4 blade, cupped or non cupped and diam/pitch,  I'm curious to know because mine are based on a 42 and are 25 x 26 non pitched 3 blade.    Ross

> Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 08:46:02 -0700
> Subject: [UnifliteWorld] View this page "671 Detroit fuel efficiency"
> From: midge...@hotmail.com
> To: Unifli...@googlegroups.com

JT

May 7, 2008, 7:02:28 PM5/7/08
to UnifliteWorld
Thank you so much for your response. It would be very helpful if you
could email the power and fuel consumption curves for the 671 NA. 3
blade props non pitrched. The boat is naving the fuel tanks replaced
right now. Hope your weather clears up. I live in Southern California
and am waiting for the water to warm up and the fish to show up.

On May 7, 7:27 am, Ross Robertson <ros...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a 79/80 38C with 6/71 NA J&Ts.   I can't answer your question directly as I have done a complete refit.   The boat was ready last Nov but we have had a really wet monsoon season ( Indonesia) and sea and general weather conditions were terrible for the last 6 months.  I decided to use this time to turbo my 6/71s raising their SHP to 325 and am about to run sea trials now..
>
> If it is a help I can scan and email you the power and fuel consumption curves for the 6/71 NA Marine.
>
> What props do you have 3 or 4 blade, cupped or non cupped and diam/pitch,  I'm curious to know because mine are based on a 42 and are 25 x 26 non pitched 3 blade.    Ross
>
> > Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 08:46:02 -0700> Subject: [UnifliteWorld] View this page "671 Detroit fuel efficiency"> From: midgenj...@hotmail.com> To: Unifli...@googlegroups.com> > > > > Click onhttp://groups.google.com/group/UnifliteWorld/web/671-detroit-fuel-eff...> - or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't> work.> _________________________________________________________________
>
> Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces. It's easy!http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friend...

jkf...@att.net

May 7, 2008, 8:06:59 PM5/7/08
to Unifli...@googlegroups.com
I have been looking for fuel charts anywhere in the Portland area for a while for a 6-71N with N80 injectors.
We are going to the San Jains for the summer and trying to get things in order to go.
I finally yesterday e-mailed Johnson & Towers to ask for help.
Contact "Werner" at J&T and he will send you a fuel curve chart for a 6-71 nat. Not sure what injectors were on the chart he sent.
If would like to respond to this I can send you the PDF file he sent me.
Good Luck
Jim Ferguson
48' Yacht fish "Vacation"
-------------- Original message from JT <midge...@hotmail.com>: --------------

> Thank you so much for your response. It would be very helpful if you
> could email the power and fuel consumption curves for the 671 NA. 3
> blade props non pitrched. The boat is naving the fuel tanks replaced
> right now. Hope your weather clears up. I live in Southern California
> and am waiting for the water to warm up and the fish to show up.
>
> On May 7, 7:27 am, Ross Robertson wrote:
> > I have a 79/80 38C with 6/71 NA J&Ts.   I can't answer your question directly
> as I have done a complete refit.   The boat was ready last Nov but we have had a
> really wet monsoon season ( Indonesia) and sea and general weather conditions
> were terrible for the last 6 months. &nbsp ;I decided to use this time to turbo my
> 6/71s raising their SHP to 325 and am about to run sea trials now..
> >
> > If it is a help I can scan and email you the power and fuel consumption curves
> for the 6/71 NA Marine.
> >
> > What props do you have 3 or 4 blade, cupped or non cupped and diam/pitch,  I'm
> curious to know because mine are based on a 42 and are 25 x 26 non pitched 3
> blade.    Ross
> >
> > > Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 08:46:02 -0700> Subject: [UnifliteWorld] View this
> page "671 Detroit fuel efficiency"> From: midgenj...@hotmail.com> To:
> Unifli...@googlegroups.com> > > > > Click
> onhttp://groups.google.com/group/UnifliteWorld/web/671-detroit-fuel-eff...> - or
> copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't> work.>

Monty Montaine

May 8, 2008, 10:42:37 AM5/8/08
to Unifli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim, I would like a copy of your chart. please send to my direct email if you like ..gmontaine@globalsec.com..thanks Jim
Monty.

I have been looking for fuel charts anywhere in the Portland area for a while for a 6-71N with N80 injectors.
We are going to the San Jains for the summer and trying to get things in order to go.
I finally yesterday e-mailed Johnson & Towers to ask for help.
Contact "Werner" at J&T and he will send you a fuel curve chart for a 6-71 nat. Not sure what injectors were on the chart he sent.
If would like to respond to this I can send you the PDF file he sent me.
Good Luck
Jim Ferguson
48' Yacht fish "Vacation"
-------------- Original message from JT <midge...@hotmail.com>: --------------

> Thank you so much for your response. It would be very helpful if you
> could email the power and fuel consumption curves for the 671 NA. 3
> blade props non pitrched. The boat is naving the fuel tanks replaced
> right now. Hope your weather clears up. I live in Southern California
> and am waiting for the water to warm up and the fish to show up.
>
> On May 7, 7:27 am, Ross Robertson wrote:
> > I have a 79/80 38C with 6/71 NA J&Ts.   I can't answer your question directly
> as I have done a complete refit.   The boat was ready last Nov but we have had a
> really wet monsoon season ( Indonesia) and sea and general weather conditions
> were terrible for the last 6 months.   ;I decided to use this time to turbo my

JT

May 8, 2008, 4:47:36 PM5/8/08
to UnifliteWorld
Thanks Jim for the info. If you could email the PDF file to
midge...@hotmail.com I would appreciate it.

On May 7, 5:06 pm, jkfe...@att.net wrote:
> I have been looking for fuel charts anywhere in the Portland area for a while for a 6-71N with N80 injectors.
> We are going to the San Jains for the summer and trying to get things in order to go.
> I finally yesterday e-mailed Johnson & Towers to ask for help.
> Contact "Werner" at J&T and he will send you a fuel curve chart for a 6-71 nat. Not sure what injectors were on the chart he sent.
> If would like to respond to this I can send you the PDF file he sent me.
> Good Luck
> Jim Ferguson
> 48' Yacht fish "Vacation"
> 503-543-8916
> -------------- Original message from JT <midgenj...@hotmail.com>: --------------
>

> > Thank you so much for your response. It would be very helpful if you
> > could email the power and fuel consumption curves for the 671 NA. 3
> > blade props non pitrched. The boat is naving the fuel tanks replaced
> > right now. Hope your weather clears up. I live in Southern California
> > and am waiting for the water to warm up and the fish to show up.
>
> > On May 7, 7:27 am, Ross Robertson wrote:
> > > I have a 79/80 38C with 6/71 NA J&Ts.   I can't answer your question directly
> > as I have done a complete refit.   The boat was ready last Nov but we have had a
> > really wet monsoon season ( Indonesia) and sea and general weather conditions
> > were terrible for the last 6 months.  I decided to use this time to turbo my
> > 6/71s raising their SHP to 325 and am about to run sea trials now..
>
> > > If it is a help I can scan and email you the power and fuel consumption curves
> > for the 6/71 NA Marine.
>
> > > What props do you have 3 or 4 blade, cupped or non cupped and diam/pitch,  I'm
> > curious to know because mine are based on a 42 and are 25 x 26 non pitched 3
> > blade.    Ross

> > page "671 Detroit fuel efficiency"> From: midgenj...@hotmail.com> To:
> > Unifli...@googlegroups.com> > > > > Click
> > onhttp://groups.google.com/group/UnifliteWorld/web/671-detroit-fuel-eff...> - or
> > copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't> work.>
>
> > > Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
> > It's
> > easy!http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friend...- Hide quoted text -

Ross Robertson

May 9, 2008, 10:16:18 AM5/9/08
to unifli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,  my scanner is on the blink but the only curves I have are for non J & T 671s.   Would you please be kind enough also to email the PDF file to   rmrobe...@gmail.com I would like to see the difference between the standard 671NA and the J & T version.  I suspect it is the same curve but extended to 2750 rpm with superior cooling.. I get my scanner back tomorrow and will send the curves I have.   Ross.

> Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 13:47:36 -0700
> Subject: [UnifliteWorld] Re: View this page "671 Detroit fuel efficiency"
> From: midge...@hotmail.com
> To: Unifli...@googlegroups.com