Re: CCIF & UCI Skype Discussion Groups Created

Reuven Cohen

Mar 5, 2009, 3:24:05 PM3/5/09
to cloud...@googlegroups.com, unifie...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Benson Schliesser at Savvis, we now have our very own
Jabber/XMPP conference server

Server: talk.cloudforum.org

We've created two chat rooms: uci, and ccif

You can also use any number of XMPP / Jabber clients such as Adium or
Pidgin (Look for Join Group Chat)

If you are looking for a simple web based jabber client, please see
http://www.meebo.com/ and login with your gtalk or jabber.org
username.
Once logged in you will see a start or join group a chat in the top
right hand part of your screen,

r/c

Reuven Cohen

Mar 5, 2009, 3:39:48 PM3/5/09
to cloud...@googlegroups.com, unifie...@googlegroups.com
For those of you who like to watch., we now have a public logs of the
discussion.

http://talk.cloudforum.org/cc...@talk.cloudforum.org/

http://talk.cloudforum.org/u...@talk.cloudforum.org/

Also, these links may make it easier to join the groups

xmpp:cc...@talk.cloudforum.org?join
xmpp:u...@talk.cloudforum.org?join

Mark A. Carlson

Mar 5, 2009, 3:41:20 PM3/5/09
to unifie...@googlegroups.com, cloud...@googlegroups.com

I have been able to get in with the MacOS iChat application.

From the file menu, select "Go to Chat Room..."

In the dialog box that comes up, select a jabber account

and put uci@talk.cloudforum.org in the Room name.

Click the "+" box if you want to add it to the list and click Autojoin to start each time

automatically.

Click Go, and you're in.

--- mark

--
Mark A. Carlson
Sr. Architect

Systems Group
Phone x69559 / 303-223-6139
Email Mark.C...@Sun.COM

Benson Schliesser

Mar 5, 2009, 3:44:15 PM3/5/09
to unifie...@googlegroups.com
Aren't standards nice?   ;)

God bless URI's that aren't overloaded...

Cheers,
-Benson

KentLangley

Mar 8, 2009, 8:00:41 PM3/8/09
to Unified Cloud Interface Project (UCI)
Great, works for me.

-Kent