OGF

Michael Richardson

Feb 26, 2009, 12:14:34 PM2/26/09
to unifie...@googlegroups.com

I saw the link:
http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/?id=1567

Wish I had travel budget to attend.
I don't know much about OGF. Is it open like IETF? Do they audio
broadcast sessions in open formats?

Seems like the right placed to be.

--
] Y'avait une poule de jammé dans l'muffler!!!!!!!!! | firewalls [
] Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON |net architect[

Andy Edmonds

Feb 26, 2009, 12:47:09 PM2/26/09
to unifie...@googlegroups.com
Check out this post for coverage info of OGF25

http://blog.dsa-research.org/?p=140

Andy
andy.edmonds.be

Ignacio Martin Llorente

Feb 26, 2009, 2:30:21 PM2/26/09
to unifie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

OGF is open. However, I think that sessions will not be broadcasted.

Regards
--
Ignacio M. Llorente, Full Professor (Catedratico): web http://dsa-research.org/llorente
and blog http://imllorente.dsa-research.org/

Chris Smith

Feb 26, 2009, 6:13:14 PM2/26/09
to unifie...@googlegroups.com
OGF meetings are open (although if you're onsite, you need to pay for
the meeting registration). Unfortunately, we haven't "updated"
ourselves enough yet to broadcast these sessions over the internet
(it's on the todo list).

If people are interested, though, I can possibly set up a dial-in
number. Please email me directly if you'd like to join.

-- Chris

(VP of Standards for OGF)

Ignacio Martin Llorente

Feb 27, 2009, 4:14:59 AM2/27/09
to unifie...@googlegroups.com
GridCast will create "podcasts" with interviews... but not broadcast
the sessions. Regards
--
Ignacio M. Llorente, Full Professor (Catedratico): web http://dsa-research.org/llorente
and blog http://imllorente.dsa-research.org/
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog http://blog.dsa-research.org

Chris Smith

Mar 2, 2009, 4:23:56 AM3/2/09
to unifie...@googlegroups.com
Just to followup on the details for calling in....

I've set up a Skype user and will run a Skype conference call.
Unfortunately, Skype limits conference calls to 24 participants, so
will only be able to support this many users calling in. I will,
though, be recording the session at the same time, and will post the
audio after the session so that others may listen in.

The Skype user is 'ogf.standards'. The meeting will start at 11am CET
(Central European Time). This is 10am UTC, 5am US Eastern, 2am US
Pacific. Look for me on Skype around the starting time of the meeting
and I'll add you to the conference call.

I am also looking into how to broadcast the session live via some
stream, but am not sure if I can get that done (anyone know a public
audio streaming host?).

-- Chris

Lennie Jarratt

Mar 2, 2009, 10:50:11 AM3/2/09
to unifie...@googlegroups.com

Try the instructions I wrote a while back: http://opensourceactivism.blogivists.com/2008/10/09/how-to-put-live-video-on-your-website/

Lennie
Office:  847-548-4562
Mobile: 847-302-3985

Twitter: http://twitter.com/ljarratt
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Lennie_Jarratt/1182350486

"The necessity of the times, more than ever, calls for our utmost circumspection, deliberation, fortitude, and perseverance." - Samuel Adams

Chris Smith

Mar 3, 2009, 5:11:12 AM3/3/09
to unifie...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Having some technical difficulties and network difficulties getting a
live stream going. I am recording the session, though, and will post
afterwards.

-- Chris

Ignacio Martin Llorente

Mar 3, 2009, 8:21:32 AM3/3/09
to unifie...@googlegroups.com, Thijs Metsch
Hi,

Let me add that the presentations are available at:

http://www.ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/?id=1567

OGF has created a mailing list to discuss next steps. You are invited
to subscribe:

Regards

Ignacio
--
Ignacio M. Llorente, Full Professor (Catedratico): web http://dsa-research.org/llorente
and blog http://imllorente.dsa-research.org/
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog http://blog.dsa-research.org

Chris Smith

Mar 4, 2009, 8:06:25 AM3/4/09
to unifie...@googlegroups.com
The audio from the session has now been uploaded to the same place as
the presentations.

-- Chris

Altan Khendup

Mar 4, 2009, 12:21:46 PM3/4/09