RT11 on UNIBONE with RL02 and RK05 disks?

wohus...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2022, 4:33:12 PM12/19/22
to UniBone
Hi all,
I would like to boot RT11 (e.g. V5.5 as already prepared in UNIBONE) from
virtual RL02 AND mount the image of an RK05 disk at the same time.

I prepared a .CMD-file for this purpose, see attachment.

The hardware I use is a testbench, holding the UNIBONE and an M9312 (no
appropriate bootroms!!) on a DD11-DK backplane together with a UNIPROBE and
sufficient G7273 boards.

I can boot RT11,
can DIR DL0:,
but DIR DK0: does not show the directory of the attached RK05 image, but
the directory of the boot disk RL02.

Where am I wrong?

cpu20_rt11_rl0_shared_dl11.cmdxxx

Joerg Hoppe

Dec 19, 2022, 11:48:03 PM12/19/22
to uni...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
This is a RT11 trap.

"DK:" is the name for the "current" drive, no idea why "DK" was chosen here.
And the RK05s have drive identifier "RK", in contradiction to everything
else.

To list content of your RK05 disk:
.dir rk0:

Or make it "current" with
.assign rk0: dk:
.dir

And strange enough, "dk0:" seems a valid alias for "dk:"

.show
lists the current assignment of "DK:"

kind regards,
Joerg