Emulex UC07 with SCSI driver not recognized in RSX11M-Plus

Juergen Staehler

Dec 4, 2023, 11:50:55 AM12/4/23
to UniBone
Hello community,

I am a new member of the group. My name is Jürgen, I live in Dornburg, Germany and for nostalgic reasons (I learned programming on a PDP-11 in the 80s) I decided to build up a PDP-11 system. Finnay it should be a pure physical machine with RSX-11M-Plus operating system.
So far I have a small QBus-Card Cage with 4 slots (all AB), a ROI SBC 11/8 with 512K memory, an Emulex UC07 SCSI controller and a TEAC 42 MB SCSI hard disk. Also a QBone. I am now ready to boot the RSX-11M-Plus baseline system using an RL02 drive emulated by the QBone. I have set up and formatted the SCSI hard disk using the UC07 F.R.D. utility.
The problem now is that the RSX-11M-Plus baseline system (RL02 emulation via QBone) cannot find any DU0 drives. The MCR Command 'DEV' lists the DU devices as 'offline loaded'.
The UC07 is set to the default CSR address 17772150 of an UDA50 controller, so  I assumed that RSX-11M should find the SCSI drive (LUN 0) as DU0:
Do any of you have any tips for me on what I'm overlooking or what I might need to configure differently?

Thank you very much!
Regards,
Jürgen

BTW: Here is the QBone CMD file I use for the RL02 emulation. Furthermore I have attached a photo of the current hardware.PDP_System_1.jpg
# inputfile for demo to select a rl1 device in the "device test" menu.
# Read in with command line option  "demo --cmdfile ..."
d # device menu

# en dl11 # use emulated serial console
# en kw11

pwr # reboot PDP-11
.wait 3000 # wait for PDP-11 to reset
m i # install max UNIBUS memory
#m i 777776             # install max 256k QBUS memory

# Deposit bootloader into memory
m ll dl.lst

en rl # enable RL11 controller

# mount RSX11-M-Plus Baseline in RL02 #0 and start
en rl0 # enable drive #0
sd rl0 # select
p emulation_speed 10 # 10x speed. Load disk in 5 seconds
# set type to "rl02"
p runstopbutton 0 # released: "LOAD"
p powerswitch 1 # power on, now in "load" state
p image rsx11mp46-rl02pg.dsk # mount image file
p runstopbutton 1 # press RUN/STOP, will start

.print Disk drive now on track after 5 secs
.wait 6000 # wait until drive spins up
p                   # show all params of RL0

.print RL drive(s) ready.
.print RL11 boot loader installed.
.print Start 10000 to boot from drive 0 ...
.print Reload with "m ll"