Newbie questions.

Gene Katz

Aug 27, 2022, 7:25:08 PM8/27/22
to UniBone
I have my "qbone working" in my LSI/23. Adventure, STRTRK, and RT11 etc.

My question is how to get listings of the Beagle Bone script files for learning how
to write new ones for custom configurations.

For example, the listing of:   .rt11v5.5sj_dl1.sh.

Likewise, what other script files are provided?

I assume this is done via the Beagle Bone "Putty" interface and some LINX commands?

Thank you in advance,

Gene

Lee Adamson

Aug 28, 2022, 12:07:47 AM8/28/22
to UniBone
If you look at the bash scripts like the one you referenced, IIRC you will see that they start up the qbone software and pass it a *.cmd file, which you can locate in some deeper directories (you will see the path to it in the bash script).  That is where the meat of the scripty stuff is located.  If I recall correctly.  (Sorry, I am not in a place where I can boot my qbone and look for sure.)

You can use any text editor.  Pico, vim, etc.  If your favorite editor is not installed, you can install it with apt.  If you are new to the Unix commandline, pico is pretty user-friendly.

Joerg Hoppe

Aug 28, 2022, 1:21:52 AM8/28/22
to uni...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
> If you look at the bash scripts like the one you referenced, IIRC you will
> see that they start up the qbone software and pass it a *.cmd file, which
> you can locate in some deeper directories (you will see the path to it in
> the bash script). That is where the meat of the scripty stuff is located.
> If I recall correctly. (Sorry, I am not in a place where I can boot my
> qbone and look for sure.)
>
> You can use any text editor. Pico, vim, etc. If your favorite editor is
> not installed, you can install it with apt. If you are new to the Unix
> commandline, pico is pretty user-friendly.
... you can also execute script commands "by hand" by calling

demo.sh -aw <addresswidth>

Thats the way to develop new setups.

kind regards,

Joerg

Gene Katz

Sep 5, 2022, 5:17:19 PM9/5/22
to UniBone
Making progress. Trying to use KED to write and save program files.
I get the command prompt "*". I then enter the command "EDIT/CREATE TEST.BAS". It replies with "csi invalid command". Other commands get the same response.

Any reason for this "failure "?

Using a Vt220 emulator.

Thank you for any advice.

Regards,