Re: Standalone unibone

Jörg Hoppe

Mar 2, 2024, 1:55:12 AMMar 2
to Scott Swazey, uni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,
> I Was able to my modified unibone to work in an 11/45.  I am now
> starting to add support for my rk05F front panel.  I don't currently
> have a PDP11 to plug it into.  Is it possible to run it standalone
> with the pdp 11/20 core?   I just want to run the 11/20 with
> memory and a rk05 disk for developing the I2C driver for my RK05F
> front panel.

You can run UniBone stand-alone, check out the ./cpu20*.sh setups.

But you need an empty backplane with terminator card (M930, M9302).

Even home-build pullup-resistors attached to the UNIBUS signal pins on
UniBone itself should do.

kind regards,

Joerg

Jörg Hoppe

Mar 2, 2024, 2:26:25 PMMar 2
to Scott S, uni...@googlegroups.com
Am 02.03.2024 um 20:01 schrieb Scott S:
> If I go the home-build route, can I just pull up the control lines? Do I really need to terminate the address and data lines?

You need to pull up all lines, in fact constructing an M930

https://gunkies.org/wiki/M930_UNIBUS_terminator

Joerg