FANUC Paper Tape Reader

Mark Matlock

Nov 20, 2022, 10:43:25 AM11/20/22
to UniBone
Wolfgang,
It is quite a coincidence that you have a FANUC paper tape unit also!

Do you have the user’s manual for it? If not let me know and I can send a scan of it to you.

What I’m thinking is that the CSR of a DL11 (on the UniBone) looks similar to the PC11 high speed paper tape CSR. If we change the CSR and vector of the DL11 to 777550 through 777556 then the Basic-11 SAVE/LOAD code might operate the FANUC attached to the RS232 DL11 on the UniBone. There are UniBone commands to change emulated device CSRs.

disable dl11
p addr 777550
p vec 70
enable dl11

I’m currently reading through the description of the Teletype and PC11 paper tape reader/punch documentation in the 1972 PDP-11 Peripherals handbook in Chapter 1 and 2 to see how feasible this is. Here is a link to that 1972 handbook in case anyone needs it.

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/handbooks/PDP11_PeripheralsHbk_1972.pdf

Google groups would not let it come as an attachment because it was too large.

Best,
Mark